Adam Carolla on the track [Video]

I have hope after watching this video. I think Adam can pull it off nicely as the lead. A bit rough around the edges as of now, but I think he'll get the on-camera reviewing down. Definately has that AmeriClarkson to him :mrgreen:

Let's hope there is a solid date for the show, but I have my doubts about where it would end up on a time slot. America is too uppity about having drama and mediocre shows on during the weekdays...where is going to end up?

I would have said it could go on Sundays with American Gladiators, but the whole fall season is taken up by Sunday Night Football.

Who knows, probably wont be ready for quite some time, maybe it will air on Sundays once the football season is over.

gc110-pc.jpg

grilled_steak.jpg

pushrods.jpg

AH-MEH-RICK-UH!

I liked it. I just hope Gear's filming is much more on-par with Top Gear then what was just shown (two different shows, I know)

Short, but good clip - gives me hope for Gear. I've no doubt Adam can handle his role very well - just got to hope the show isn't neutered too much by the network influence.

Looking at that video, I'm gaining confidence in Carolla, though, he shouldn't be delivering lines while racing around a track, you could tell a couple of times he slipped off to deal with the car and his delievery wasn't optimal. But, overall, he did very well.

Oh and whoever chose that music should be dragged out into the center of that track, put on his knees and shot. It's tough, but fair.

Looking at that video, I'm gaining confidence in Carolla, though, he shouldn't be delivering lines while racing around a track, you could tell a couple of times he slipped off to deal with the car and his delievery wasn't optimal. But, overall, he did very well.

Yeah, he was racing someone rather than just powersliding. I assume he'll be better on Gear, hehe.

I just realized he said he gives his wife a case of Tab. :lol:

edit: Adam Corolla is from Philly?!?!?! I'm an even bigger fan now.

Well, I have to say, I am always looking forward to a new motoring show. Unfortunately, I was disappointed the last two times, because it was D-MOTOR and Grip! (some more or less horrid motoring shows on german TV).
That Carolla bloke has a certain something, quite funny and so on. But I can't stand his american english accent. This is no offence so please don't take it wrong if you are from America, I do realise that there are quite a few Americans within the FG community. I just don't like it when people pronounce words like that.
Anyway, I'll give it a go when the show finally starts to see what's what. I'm too much interested in cars to miss a new show because I don't like the hosts pronunciation :D

I think I saw him driving a Lexus on SPEED before as well, can't find a video of it though. I believe it was some Lexus GS, it was a hybrid I believe.

Well, I have to say, I am always looking forward to a new motoring show. Unfortunately, I was disappointed the last two times, because it was D-MOTOR and Grip! (some more or less horrid motoring shows on german TV).
That Carolla bloke has a certain something, quite funny and so on. But I can't stand his american english accent. This is no offence so please don't take it wrong if you are from America, I do realise that there are quite a few Americans within the FG community. I just don't like it when people pronounce words like that.
Anyway, I'll give it a go when the show finally starts to see what's what. I'm too much interested in cars to miss a new show because I don't like the hosts pronunciation :D

JAAAGWWAAAAAARRRRR

Its our animal, i dont see the wild jaguars of england roaming around anywhere. There are plenty in america! You are the ones pronouncing it wrong. ;)

At least he won't be adding any Ts to "Subaru Impreza" :p

I'm a Yank and I still think his voice is annoying, mostly because of its nasal sound. I do think he's more or less the American equivalent of Clarkson, though, and I think he'll be a good host :)

Its our animal, i dont see the wild jaguars of england roaming around anywhere. There are plenty in america! You are the ones pronouncing it wrong. ;)

I saw we ask our Central and South American members. Where is Mbolanos when you need him?

They live as far north as mexico and the southwest united states (where they are admittedly rare) according to wikipedia. Thats closer than the united kingdom ever gets to a jag-whar :)