Adam Carolla on the track [Video]

Don't turn this into another American vs English English thread.

Anyway this has restored my hope in the series. I was a bit scared by the 50 Cent thing, but from the comments it doesn't look like that crap will infect the main show. Can't wait.

Anyway this has restored my hope in the series. I was a bit scared by the 50 Cent thing, but from the comments it doesn't look like that crap will infect the main show. Can't wait.

This has nothing to do with Gear. Its a separate show for Speed that Adam just so happened to be on this particular episode. (though I hope Gear doesn't bring over Star in a Reasonably Priced Car)

Last edited:
Were credited as the source for this on Autoblog. :)

Don't get me started on the Philadelphia accent (which I didn't know I had until I came to Penn State) :lol:

Horrible quality rip of more of the show:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57_TlwTPDTg[/youtube]

new presenter

new presenter

Was it just me or was that guy terrible. His voice is so annoying..... it was like listening to Fran Drescher talk about cars

Am I the ONLY one who noticed the EXACT line quote direct off of Pontiac's website plugging for the car in the first min and a half of that video.
This makes me sick,
Yeah...right...like THIS hasn't going to be affected by american advertising.
bleh.

Please tell me that GEAR won't be like that!

On another note. Adam is very quick on his feet and I'm very impressed with his ability to say something odd-ball and funny that actually makes sense, all the while driving.
However, what was that all about? "It's getting loose" ....and he seemed to have issues getting it under control? We need a presenter who can DRIVE.....

Kinda a negative post. Didn't mean it to be though.

Last edited:
Remember, this isn't Gear. Don't compare content. ;)

However, what was that all about? "It's getting loose" ....and he seemed to have issues getting it under control? We need a presenter who can DRIVE.....

I'm not much of a Corolla fan, but in his defense: I've seen Clarkson lose it and spin out more than once on Top Gear. It's not like Jermey is the best driver in the world either. I'm sure all car presenters lose it from time to time, though it usually doesn't end up in the final show. Regardless, you don't have to be an F1 quality driver to be a presenter. None of the Top Gear guys are what I would call outstanding drivers, but they're good enough to be presenters.

Last edited:
Am I the ONLY one who noticed the EXACT line quote direct off of Pontiac's website plugging for the car in the first min and a half of that video.
This makes me sick,
Yeah...right...like THIS hasn't going to be affected by american advertising.
bleh.

Please tell me that GEAR won't be like that!

On another note. Adam is very quick on his feet and I'm very impressed with his ability to say something odd-ball and funny that actually makes sense, all the while driving.

The current Top Gear presenters aren't all that exceptional, good editing can make anyone look like a Schumacher or Loeb.

Clarkson spins out all the time when he gets into a powerfull car. But they actually show it on camera which I have respect for. Jeremy has never claimed to be a worldclass driver or anything... that's Tiff's domain ;).

Anyway, after seeing this video I just have one thing to say... "FIDDY" better not ever show up on Gear, or that'll be the last time I watch that show.:roll:

They live as far north as mexico and the southwest united states (where they are admittedly rare) according to wikipedia. Thats closer than the united kingdom ever gets to a jag-whar :)
Wikipeida said:
The story behind the American pronunciation, Jag-wire, actually can trace it's roots to the early 19th century when the early American's were exploring the jungles of central and South America. Back in that period the adventurers would still use the Old English pronunciation of Jag-you-are.

However, in 1802 a British-American expedition to explore for Spanish lost treasure deep in Columbia would change all that. Unknowingly to the adventurers, a massive gaggle of Jaguars stealthily approached the rear of the expedition group. The beasts flanked on either side using their squirrel-like prowess to jump from tree to tree while they formulated an attack using telekinesis. At the last possible moment, little British-born Henry O'Finnigan, the expedition cook, recognized and tried to call out the impending attack to the others. He screamed, "Oi, you limeys dontchasee dis 'ere broodin', bloody, buncha Jag-you-ars." But it was too late, little Henry did not alert the leaders in time. Only two people made it back to civilization after that, the largest ever recorded Jaguar attack.

During the debriefing it was decided that the attack could have been wholly prevented had it not taken the farking Englishman so long to say a single word. Thus President Roosevelt signed a bill that stated, "From here forth Jaguar shall only only be pronounced Jag-wire, for the sake of time, ease of conversation, and in remembrance of the Columbia expedition. And as for the great empire England we're 1-0, neener, neener, neener, kiss my big, white, crippled, American ass." Thus launching a democratic whirlwind to change all the outdated Old English words into more friendly, easier to say words.
See there is a little historic explanation for everything.

Last edited: