Adam Carolla on the track [Video]

why is he driving with his elbow rested on the window? on a track.. i mean come on, this just gives me the impression that he's not serious about driving or cars. hope he doesn't do this in the filming of gear.

other than that i'm pretty impressed. i think he'll be a pretty good "clarkson".. and he doesn't sound annoying on tv as he does on the radio (i mean his voice)

btw, i'm new to the forums. i love top gear and fifth gear, and i'm 99% sure i've watched all the episodes of top gear. i've been visiting this website for about two years now, but never got into the forums. and i have to say, nice website.
just thought i'd introduce myself since there's no noob section :)

edit: oops, i just saw the introduce thread.. srry

Last edited:
why is he driving with his elbow rested on the window? on a track.. i mean come on, this just gives me the impression that he's not serious about driving or cars. hope he doesn't do this in the filming of gear.

Dont you think you might be stretching? I drive everywhere like this. Window down in a relaxed position. If you want the stig in there to be all boring and technical than be my guest, watch motorweek, but i want someone relaxed, who drives the car as i would.

So, I'm looking at this video of Adam tooling around te track, thinking about the whole "elbow on the windowsill" thing, too... Seems a bit laid back given the situation, I agree.

Yes, I drive with my arm on the sill a lot as well, but when it comes time to "give it the beans" it's 10 and 2 o'clock and arms ready for strong manuvering. Make it look like your're having fun, not just toodling around the track.

On another note, I'm pretty sure he said "American" about 63 times too many. American or not, it really did not add anything to the clip, just made it feel overly heavy-handed.

I'm looking forward to more from Adam, but I do hope his on-camera improvisation continues to improve before the show launches (even the Top Gear boys took soem time to get used to talking to the camera as if it were a college buddy).

Thanks for the vid link!

Wow. That was terrible. Did they forget that they were supposed to talk about the car? Doesn't make me look forward to watching that show.

Well let's hope Adam has some professional driving training behind him. His hand positioning wasn't exactly what someone would do when in a race. He looked more like he was cruising down the highway before he lost control. I want to see them throw these cars around, not lose control.

I give Clarkson and his gang credit because they are actually trying to review the car and be witty about it. So they can't be 100% all the time.

Also, long time no post. Sup everyone!

Wow. That was terrible. Did they forget that they were supposed to talk about the car? Doesn't make me look forward to watching that show.

COME ON! It was a 10 second preview clip taken from a review, jesus christ!