Added eMule Links

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, emule isn't that bad. :D You need some patience at first. Now I'm downloading at 20k/sec. Not too bad at all. :mrgreen:

I downloaded 4 videos via emule and it was ok (sure it's not very fast, but it takes less time than waiting for torrents to come back).

Yeah, I downloaded 2 top gears from emule in 2 days. Not too bad at all! :D But no one has the complete video for a few episodes... :wink: Just like to thank everyone for making all these possible! :D

Emule is like a good old Toyota Pick up : it won't go fast but it'll never let you down. :D
Got some of Fifth gear and Top gear episodes. Some are not fully availaible though.

Thanks again for making this possible !

I'm not sure if anyone here is familiar with DC++, but it is an even better way to share files than eDonkey. It's a hub based p2p program, but many of the larger hubs will have many Top Gear\Fifth Gear related files. I've managed to get over a dozen full episodes of Top Gear, and quite a few of the Jeremy Clarkson videos.

Check out http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/ if you are interested.

If you already use DC++, post what hubs you usually hang around on... we could organize yet another way of sharing episodes :D

But DC++ doesn't have support for downloading one file from mulitple people at one time, does it?

No, DC++ doesnt have support for that, but it is a lot more reliable than BitTorrent. With most fast users I managed to get between 30-50kb\sec... but if your downloading mulitple files at once you can easily max out your bandwidth. It's not all that comparable to BitTorrent, more to programs like Kazaa (which it is far far far superior to).

Fine, gimme some hubs to hang out on.

I hate DC++, it's only as good as an FTP server with normal broadband connection! :roll: And I don't think DC++ is more reliable than Bittorrent. Actually, Kazaa is very good, in terms of speed, but the 'reliability of the file is questionable, especially MP3s... :D

The key to DC++ is finding a good hub. I'm a music afficianado, so I usually hang around a few small indie and alternative music hubs. They have a small ammount of users, but everyone on the hub knows their stuff and if you want, say, the full Pixie's Dig for Fire EP you could find it no problem. The new Britney Spears? Well, you may have to go elsewhere. As for connection, I'm blessed with a broadband connection that regularity hits 500-600kb\sec, even on DC++. Also, in the hundreds and hundreds of gigs I've downloaded via DC++ I've never got a fake file (KaZaa drives me nuts for this).

As for some hubs worth connecting to, for things like Top Gear I'd connect to mkd1.no-ip.com or gute.no-ip.org.
If you're also into indie, check out anti.gotdns.com and broken.no-ip.org.

I hate DC++ because the amount of data needed to share! Have they ever thought of users with 20GB or smaller HDD??? :shock:

Again, thats all dependant on the hubs you go to. Some hubs have a 100gig share rule, some hubs have a 0gig share. I will agree with you though that it is hard to find a good hub with a low share... I guess it's just the price you pay to get such good stuff :mrgreen:

I'm connected to gute.no-ip.org ...

Status
Not open for further replies.