Adrian Newey working on Aston Martin - Red Bull road car

jack_christie

Forum Addict
are they?
or did the rumours just pop up because Newey is designing an AM?

the problem is, MB isn't allowed to have more than 4 customer teams, which they currently have
so if RB wants MB engines, one of the other teams has to go
most logical choice would be Lotus, as Renault is looking into buying them
but that's a lot of criteria and a lot of collaboration that needs to happen between rivaling teams before anything like that can happen!

if either MB, RB or renault feel they're coming off worse, the whole deal will implode
and lotus may be happy they're still around! not like they have anything to say in the matter :lol:

EDIT: james allen doesn't believe a thing about it either...
http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2015/07/why-does-aston-martin-keep-getting-linked-with-formula-1/

and the judge shares my opinion of lotus :lol:
http://thejudge13.com/2015/07/07/de...e-of-lotus-renault-and-red-bull-now-imminent/

Last edited:
Here it is

Ace_convex_wheel_db9a.jpg

Absolutely nothing to this story...

CJ8WeA2UsAAW4vz.jpg

Kinda feel like we need a thread where we can submit our own baseless speculation and then see if any of it ever ends up sticking :p
The Toyota 86 is not getting forced induction because Toyota are working of a hybrid version to give it more punch in the bottom end. Man all I need now is a bad render and I'll get a job at Autocar!

that's a lot of ground clearance!

and that car actually takes humans? looks so small!

Very cool concept and looks like it's actually going to go in to production. Let's see how well it works in real life conditions. It has carbon-carbon brakes and i have no idea how they are going to make those work on the road

that's a lot of ground clearance!

and that car actually takes humans? looks so small!

1. Looks like huge underbody tunnels for downforce, so the ground clearance is deceptive.
2. Cockpit looks bigger than a LMP1 car's tub, and a LMP1 car can carry two people at a squeeze with some adaptations.

its_beautiful.jpg

2. Cockpit looks bigger than a LMP1 car's tub, and a LMP1 car can carry two people at a squeeze with some adaptations.

Well, it should be able to do that but ... that's not really doable with modern P1.

It's cool and all but at this point why not just go for a full on track car?

People are much more willingly to buy it if you can drive it slowly around Monaco. :)

meh, road version looks cooler if you ask me