Aerodynamics - why the Cx doesn't tell everything

v0od0o said:
[offtopic]Wow so there is 3 of us now, idletask, chade, and I :lol: :lol: I'm a software engineer myself with BSc degree in Computer science, very nice to meet u guys[/offtopic]
I'm a software developer too (engineer sounds too geeky to me :lol: ) .

I always liked you ESPNSTI, now I know why :p
hehe yeah well, that's the title where I work right now, there seems to be tons of titles for the very same job we do :)
And MS uses a similar title for developers, SDE (Software Design Engineer) I never felt it geeky but I do prefer developer
we should start our own thread for this kinda talk now I guess :)

MXM said:
chaos386 said:
Does anyone know the Cd (or Cx, whatever) of an angled square by any chance?

Cd of a cube is about 0.8, found here: http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/21_627.html
So a cube has lower Cx than a sphere?

whats the difference in Cx between a cube and a "stretched cube", or a "compressed cube" with the cubic end towars the airflow?
(It's kind of hard to discuss things like this in english, since I don't know all proper geometric terms... )

[Offtopic]I think I'll start a "copmuter geek / software developer" thread in the Off Topic-forum... ;) [/Offtopic]

Cool Post

Cool Post

Cool, Very Interesting idletask.
I never really look at a cars coefficient of drag before a purchase or even out of interest. But I thought (like most people I guess) that that's a good indicator of how it slips through the air. A Roller less than a VX, wow :shock:

Good to know dude. :clap: