AFL

Uhm....no :p

Was thinking about using this topic in a report I have to do for uni. Funny stuff though! :D

You should do a report on why Today Tonight and ACA are 100% Bullshit.

When they say "Under the AFL's controversial drugs policy, club officials are not told of a player's drug use until he returns three positive tests."
If a player returns a positive test, do they do the other two with a certain period of that first positive result?

wtf, aca is bullshit

fuck

here i was thinking that all these pensioners were getting screwed over by the council and government (it's especially lulz when they say blame john howard for the most stupid stuff ever like once it was because some lady had a tree too big that the council asked her to remove...)

I suppose Andrew Johns has taken the attention away from the AFL with his ecstasy confession.

Part 1 of the interview

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF6wpyu4Vq4[/youtube]

Part 2

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOJfZMUkx-4&NR=1[/youtube]

I've never liked Andrew Johns, he has just become a bigger loser in my eyes. But, it was a brave thing for him to admit his issues on live television.

Last edited:
He's an arsehole. What sort of a role model is he to the millions of people worldwide who looked up to him and respected him.

Drugs in sport is becoming a joke.

Go Port. Premiers 04 and 07!

Seven backs down from drugs story
Tuesday Sep 4 19:58 AEST

The Seven Network has made a major backdown from its stand-off with the AFL, agreeing to drop a legal challenge seeking the right to publish details about the game's latest drugs controversy.

The network announced it would abandon its challenge to a Victorian Supreme Court injunction prohibiting the publication of details about drug use at a Melbourne club, and said it regretted any damage it caused to the AFL and its players.

However AFL players are yet to announce whether they will call off their boycott of the network, with the AFL Players' Association (AFLPA) executive meeting on Tuesday night to formalise its position.

Players have refused to answer questions from Seven reporters in retribution to a report the network aired on August 24, which cited the confidential medical reports of two players.

The players have also threatened to boycott the Brownlow Medal count, which will be televised by Seven, and have called for Seven to apologise for its report.

Seven did not apologise in its statement or on its 6pm news bulletin, but said it regretted the damage caused to its relationship with the players.

It said it would not publish or re-publish any details first aired in last month's report and "would consent to continuing the injunctions issued in the Supreme Court proceedings".

"The Seven Network values the co-operation it receives from AFL players and sincerely regrets any damage which has been caused to our relationship with the players by virtue of a story which was aired on Friday, 24th August," it said in a statement.

"The network accepts the principle that the confidentiality of private medical records between a medical practitioner and his patients was paramount and critical to the treatment and welfare of a patient.

"The Commercial TV Industry Code of Practice only allows for the broadcasting of such material in any event when there is an identifiable public interest."

Seven's Melbourne boss Ian Johnson said the network and league had resolved the fall-out.

"We have a strong partnership with the AFL and sometimes we'll have a difference of opinion, but we can work it out," Johnson told Seven News.

"We're looking forward to the finals and the Brownlow Medal."

AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou told Seven News: "Certainly from our perspective we've got no issues with the Seven Network.

"They're a terrific broadcast partner.

"We've got a big game on Friday night which they'll be covering and of course on Sunday."

Seven will televise the weekend's qualifying finals between Port Adelaide and West Coast (Friday night) and Geelong and the Kangaroos (Sunday).

However the AFLPA is yet to decide on whether players will speak to the network in the lead-up and after those games.

An AFLPA spokesman said executive members would discuss the boycott to formalise a position.

"At this stage all we can say is that we will review our position in light of this new information and we will be making further comment tomorrow," the spokesman said.

The court injunction also prevents other media outlets publishing details about the club involved.

?AAP 2007

Source

So they still havent apologised then!

Where is the real problem? Is it that Channel 7 obtained the documents, or that the documents existed in the first place? The AFL looks to have a massive drugs issue at the moment which has been simmering away for the last couple of years. Perhaps now we'll finally be able to see some real policies enacted by the AFL...

I can't believe Im happy the Collywobbles knocked the Weagles out of the finals. I wont be happy if they beat Geelong and make the GF.

Go Port by the way!

A Collingwood grand final victory would be a catastrophe. Hope it will be a Geelong/Port grand final, with a Port victory. Port winning means more business for us :D

where's Judd gonna go now?

Fear not! Cricket's around the corner :D

i was reading this and thought "oh, yay so is spring racing!"

and then thought "fuck, equine flu."

oh well, it's still an excuse to dress up and get pissed in the early afternoon! (while watching horses race interstate lol)

---

Blitz, i know what you mean, that song is awful. if it had better sounding verses and actually spelt the title using proper words, maybe it'd be passable. but, it is fail.

^ Yeah, that song sux big time.

You should come down to Adelaide then, we allow people to go to the races now cos we dont have the Equine Flu here.

WOW!! WHAT A GAME.

Geelong into the GF, downing the Pies by 5 points. This finals series has been brilliant, infact the whole season has.

Now, for Port to win tomorrow!!

I love watching Collingwood get so far in the competition, and then fail :lol:

See Buckley's reaction too? He looks like a man who will be retiring, unless Judd signs with them of course.

It'll be a Geelong v Port GF with Geelong taking the flag...

It'll be a Geelong v Port GF with Geelong taking the flag...

Nope, Victorian teams arent allowed to win the flag anymore.

Hands up who thought Port would be where they are at the start of the season?