AFL

Red_Bull

Gives you wings?
This is mainly for the Aussies of the forums, but anyone follow the footy here?

I work at an AFL shop, so it's sorta my job to follow the sport, and it's now getting quite interesting as we approach the finals with Geelong well dominating, Port Adelaide second and West Coast threatening as well.

Personally, I'm an Essendon fan (and to a lesser extent the Crows) and the battle for the final place in the top eight is very interesting indeed, with two points separating St Kilda from Brisbane, Adelaide and Essendon.

Your thoughts?

Western Bulldog supporter here, but Im tipping Port to kick some arse in the finals.

My top 8 are.

Geel
Port
WCE
Hawks
Kangaroos
Collywobbles (What a bunch of knobs)
Sydney
Brisbane

Geelong vs Port GF with Port winning.

This has been a pretty good season.

I'm a huge fan of the Swans (who else?). So, yes, I enjoy tearing my hair out, especially after their effort against the Lions on Saturday night <sigh>. Repeat after me Barry, "I will kick the ball between the BIG sticks, not the small ones."

I'm tipping a Geelong v Weagles final with the Weagles winning.

^ I hope WCE never win a flag again. I dont like them at all!!

I don't follow AFL, I'm a follower of NRL.

But in saying that, Go the Lions!!

Lions 2007 Premiers. ;)

Hard to tell if this is a new Toyota promotion or not, but bloody hell check out James Hird!!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wkOkVaseC4[/YOUTUBE]

^ I hope WCE never win a flag again. I dont like them at all!!

Agreed. I hate them with a passion bordering on the loathing I reserve especially for Collingwood.

O, and that video has to be a Toyota ad - especially the way they linger on the Kluger banner towards the beginning.

^ They sound like Steve Curry and the other guy which leads me to it being a promo. Maybe a Toyota Finals Series ad?

Agreed. I hate them with a passion bordering on the loathing I reserve especially for Collingwood.

O, and that video has to be a Toyota ad - especially the way they linger on the Kluger banner towards the beginning.

Why hate West Coast? I mean I can understand hating Collingwood and all...

Hird is a total legend. My favourite player. Pity he's going, Riccuito is going, Kevin Sheedy is out as well. The game is losing some big names this season. :(

But they have some good guys to replace them....

Giansiracusa, Gilbee, Cooney, McMahon, Ray, Griffen, Faulkner, Hargrave, Minson, Skipper, Morris.... Did I just name the Western Bulldogs young brigade then... :rolleyes:

Why hate West Coast? I mean I can understand hating Collingwood and all...

Why hate West Coast? Because they're the most out-of-control bunch of egotistical retards running around. Yes, they have some brilliant players, but most of them are so full of themselves. Oh, and their fans are a bunch of twats.

^ Arrogant pricks!!

I don't follow AFL, I'm a follower of NRL.

But in saying that, Go the Lions!!

Lions 2007 Premiers. ;)

The lions used to rock so much in AFL, now they fail like a muscle car going round a corner.

Modern Holden and Ford muscle cars seem to go around corners quite well.. :roll:

Anyway.. I've never been a giant fan of football. Yes, I do quite like the atmosphere at a game, but the sport just generally bores me.

Anyway.. I've never been a giant fan of football. Yes, I do quite like the atmosphere at a game, but the sport just generally bores me.

Fear not! Cricket's around the corner :D