Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series - Agent Coulson is back

A lot of people online are speculating that J. August Richards' character is Luke Cage.

A point in their favor is that rights to Luke Cage/Power Man reverted back to Marvel Studios when John Singleton failed to secure financing for his Power Man movie.

http://io9.com/the-surprise-guest-star-on-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-isnt-507197515

Executive producer and co-showrunner Jeffrey Bell confirms that Angel alum J. August Richards is not playing Luke Cage on the show:

Hmmm, it was alright.

So don't tell him about Tahiti.

Rumours are he died and he's just the memory of Coulson in a body.

I think J. August Richards would make a pretty good Luke Cage but I am not convinced that is who he is playing. More then a few other black super heroes with those type powers that he could be or just someone new entirely. Be interesting to see if they hint anymore where that burning building was. If it was in Harlem then yeah maybe it is Luke Cage.

I hope Joss Whedon don't make a mockery of Luke Cage by letting J. August Richards play him. He's too scrawny and doesn't come across as a leader to me.

Also, Agent Coulson is a clone (yea I said it)

I like it. Lots of movie crossover points.
effects are good too, which isn't the case in TV shows, looks like marvel gave a good budget, probably too keep it close to the movies in quality.

Honestly, I thought the movie tie-in points were pretty hammy. It felt like I was watching an episode of "Alphas" that got rewritten as a crossover fanfiction.

Honestly, I thought the movie tie-in points were pretty hammy. It felt like I was watching an episode of "Alphas" that got rewritten as a crossover fanfiction.

Watched the first two eps and it does have that Alphas vibe. And predictably as an ABC it has that safe, formulaic network TV feel.

Yet I don't hate it so far. I think Clark Gregg keeps it together as Coulson, everyone else is just young, pretty and bad stereotypes so far.

Yet I don't hate it so far. I think Clark Gregg keeps it together as Coulson, everyone else is just young, pretty and bad stereotypes so far.
+1

I'll give it a chance for a couple of more episodes, but so far I'm disappointed.

This show should be Men In Black with super-heroes, not Alphas redux. Instead of the two nerdy scientists, the pretty double crosser brunnette and the mysteryous asian woman, this show should be about agents dressed in black storming super-heroes ravaged sites.

This show should be Men In Black with super-heroes, not Alphas redux. Instead of the two nerdy scientists, the pretty double crosser brunnette and the mysteryous asian woman, this show should be about agents dressed in black storming super-heroes ravaged sites.

They will encounter their first supervillan in ep 3 so you'll probably get your wish.

First episode was great second one was ehhh.

Need to give it more time I have faith in Whedon and Gregg.

I agree.
I think they should tone down the two scientists too..

I'll modify my agreement with the Alphas comparison and call it a combination of Alphas and other SyFy franchise Warehouse 13

speculation

Coulson doesn't have any muscle memory or very limited muscle memory. His original body died and his thoughts, memories and consciousness were transferred to a new one.

I haven't seen any of this displayed.

RE: The spoilered stuff above: I think that's all pretty obvious. They're doing a poor job at hinting at it.

Their plane really annoys me. That second wing makes no sense.

I love when they used the unimproved runway and the rear engines just gobbled up the dust.

But it's a TV show so whatever. And a fun one at that -- I like it.

I don't get how muscle memory didn't get transferred, though. It's not memory that's actually stored in muscles, it's just a synonym for long-term memory, which is also stored in the brain. I'm sure they'll come up with some gobbledygook to explain it.

RE: The spoilered stuff above: I think that's all pretty obvious. They're doing a poor job at hinting at it.

I love when they used the unimproved runway and the rear engines just gobbled up the dust.

But it's a TV show so whatever. And a fun one at that -- I like it.

I particularly like the landing, where the rear wing's flaps were basically tilling the land.