Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series - Agent Coulson is back

edkwon

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2020 Kia Telluride, Tesla Model Y

I didn't know about this until I listed to a podcast review of all the Marvel Phase 1 movies.

ABC TV gave the greenlight to film a TV pilot for a S.H.I.E.L.D. tv series which takes place AFTER the Avengers film. And Clark Gregg returns with his character Phil Coulson resurrected. Apparently it was officially announced at NY Comic Con last Oct, but I had no idea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agents_of_S.H.I.E.L.D.

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is a planned American television series developed by Joss Whedon, in collaboration with Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen, based on the Marvel Comics organization S.H.I.E.L.D. It will be produced by Marvel Television, air on the ABC network, and will be set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, sharing continuity with the films in that franchise. The series will revolve around the character of Phil Coulson, with Clark Gregg reprising the role. A pilot, written by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen, and directed by Joss Whedon, was given the green-light in late 2012 and filmed in early 2013.

Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson: An agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. who oversees many of the division's field operations.[2] The character will headline the series.[3] At the 2013 South by Southwest festival, Joss Whedon confirmed that Coulson is alive in this series after his apparent death in The Avengers.[4] When describing his character's return from the dead, Gregg said, "When Joss described to me the mystery? and the complexity and the unanswered questions about Phil Coulson standing there trying to deal with this, I found it so fascinating and so true to the world of the comics and mythology in general as I understand them that I was immediately in.?[5]

hes dead.

Bah like that stopped Whedon before. He killed Buffy twice and brought her back twice. He even did it in believable ways with consequences.

He killed Darla and brought her back. He killed Spike and brought him back.

He will bring Coulson back in a believable way that fits in with the story arc.

dammit man, read the article, it says he's back from the dead!
it's from a comic book, there's no impossible.

He read the article, he was being sarcastic :lol:

Nope, I saw The Avengers and hes dead. :p
I always thought he was alive anyway, Mr Fury said it just to spur them on.

Yeah Im glad Clark Gregg is getting more work, his character has built quite the following since the Phase 1 films have been released.

This wouldn't be the first "death" for Agent "Coulson."

I have photographic evidence of a man who looks just like Coulson working as FBI Liaison to the President back in December of 2001. He disappeared shortly thereafter.

I believe that FBI Special Agent Mike Casper witnessed something or had information that other people didn't want him to have. His death was staged, and he was inducted into the Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement and Logistics Division.

My evidence:

I believe he went deep undercover at one point, as he shows up under the alias Vance, running a greeting cards company in 2009.

Obviously that greeting card company - or somebody working for it - was the subject of a SHIELD investigation.

The SHIELD series has been in development for a while now, I just didn't really want to believe it and get my hopes up. Phil Coulson, Joss Whedon and a continuation of the Marvel Cinematic Universe on TV? It's like someone rolled up all my hopes and dreams and threw them at the tv screen.

I'll remain cautiously optimistic until I see the pilot and also see what form Phase 2 of the Avengers takes.

Seeing as this is Whedon's new TV series... I wonder if we'll witness the return of a certain Captain Hammer (or Tightpants).

A lot of people online are speculating that J. August Richards' character is Luke Cage.

A point in their favor is that rights to Luke Cage/Power Man reverted back to Marvel Studios when John Singleton failed to secure financing for his Power Man movie.

I think J. August Richards would make a pretty good Luke Cage but I am not convinced that is who he is playing. More then a few other black super heroes with those type powers that he could be or just someone new entirely. Be interesting to see if they hint anymore where that burning building was. If it was in Harlem then yeah maybe it is Luke Cage.