Airplane or airport experiences...

CrzRsn

Mr. Fedewhatever
DONOR
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
Finally checked off the 747 upper deck off the bucket list!

One of the older 747-400s in KLM's fleet (almost 30 years old) and she was showing her age, but I'm still glad I paid for the upgrade. Now I need to get onto Korean's 747-8Is, but seeing as how those are relatively new, I think I still got some time.

CrzRsn

Mr. Fedewhatever
DONOR
Car(s)
Found a great app that lets you track all your flights with maps, statistics and it'll even generate an animation of your flights. https://www.appintheair.mobi/

Put in all my flights since Jan 1 2017.

Got 21 different aircraft types, 26 airports, 8 airlines and 8 countries.

Its got a lot more capabilities, but I'm not bothering with those.

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
‘18 VW Golf GTI, '87 Mercury Colony Park
Found a great app that lets you track all your flights with maps, statistics and it'll even generate an animation of your flights. https://www.appintheair.mobi/

Put in all my flights since Jan 1 2017.

Got 21 different aircraft types, 26 airports, 8 airlines and 8 countries.

Its got a lot more capabilities, but I'm not bothering with those.
This was good until I found missing flights (with email receipts to back up) and incorrectly routed flights. For example, I did not fly to LAX from Chicago and then have a return flight that had a destination of Newark. What’s also frustrating is it’s picking and choosing what flights it wants to find and forgetting a butt ton of ones I have taken between years despite using the same type of booking (through airline websites).

That app needs help, it’s great how it can pick out flight info from emails but it’s also severely lacking in this regard as well.

I flew in 2017 yet this app doesn’t record any yet it found stuff in 2014 and 2015. Not all but some.

CrzRsn

Mr. Fedewhatever
DONOR
Car(s)
This was good until I found missing flights (with email receipts to back up) and incorrectly routed flights. For example, I did not fly to LAX from Chicago and then have a return flight that had a destination of Newark. What’s also frustrating is it’s picking and choosing what flights it wants to find and forgetting a butt ton of ones I have taken between years despite using the same type of booking (through airline websites).

That app needs help, it’s great how it can pick out flight info from emails but it’s also severely lacking in this regard as well.

I flew in 2017 yet this app doesn’t record any yet it found stuff in 2014 and 2015. Not all but some.
Yeah no, I didn't give it access to my emails and I don't know why anyone would with the level of permissions it needs. I entered all my flights manually. I did find a few in 2018 that it didn't know for whatever reason, but I entered them in manually and got the plane types and tail numbers from the BTS database.

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
‘18 VW Golf GTI, '87 Mercury Colony Park
Yeah no, I didn't give it access to my emails and I don't know why anyone would with the level of permissions it needs. I entered all my flights manually. I did find a few in 2018 that it didn't know for whatever reason, but I entered them in manually and got the plane types and tail numbers from the BTS database.
Yeah, the ones it missed I manually put in and it displayed a few as flights that didn’t exist and many with incorrect flight routes.