Airplane or airport experiences...

You flew a 757 internationally? Damn, I didn't think they were really suited for that. I've usually only flown in those when I fly ORD-SFO or south to LAX and San Diego. They look like cigarettes with tiny wings.
Yep, UA flies 757s overseas, it's usually the very thin routes, some of them are very marginal. If the weather is bad, they may have to reduce cargo, sometimes they even come down for a fuel stop. My impression is that UA's international config 757s are fine for long haul with flat bed seats up front. The domestic config ones only has the recliners up front. Sometimes you may be lucky and get an international config one (to be repositioned) on a domestic flight. EWR - OSL/ARN is usually operated with a 757-200, it also was back when it was CO.

PSA for all FG travelers right now, Delta currently has 4 of the 8 Fast&Furious movies playing on flights equipped with seatback entertainment. 1, 5, 7 and 8. Watched 8 on my flight to Florida last Thursday and 1 on my flight back to Detroit last night.

I saw 7 and 8 on Lufthansa on my trip to Canada. It was... breathtakingly stupid. ;)

So I don't want to fly Delta if I do decide to fly. Thanks for the warning.

United had them too. They also had the Batman Lego Movie.

Was it just as ADHD attack-like as The Lego Movie?

Airplane or airport experiences...

BWI - Baltimore is pretty decent. Not super crowded or old and dirty. Perfectly acceptable. Rental car area seems newly built. They could use more rental buses as those were freaking packed both on Wednesday afternoon and this morning. The airport traffic didn't reflect the crowded bus. No matter how big the airport was have I been stuffed up against other people. Usually these buses are empty. I can't count the bus from the hotel to Munich airport because that wasn't for rental cars.

Lastly, I would really like to know how my flight was given the ok to leave the gate, get in line for take off, only to be called back to the gate because there is an issue with the cargo hold weight balancing.

Last edited:
Immigration at CDG was terrible - I'm flying in from Schengen, wtf?
To balance things, immigration at IAD was pleasant.

Didn't see anything else in the airports :dunno :

AF economy is surprisingly nice aboard the A380, good food and drink :thumbup: having only five pax in my row of ten helped too...
It gets me every time how quiet that fatty is at takeoff thrust :eek:

Last edited:
Immigration at CDG was terrible - I'm flying in from Schengen, wtf?
Eversince the terrorist attacks on the stade de france France is offically suspended from the Schengen Agreement. I learned that the hard way having only a 50min layover coming from DUS and getting to CVG... Almost missed the flight, because the staff at CDG was not very helpful...

Is CDG still the crappiest airport in the EU?

OMA (omaha) in Nebraska is pretty decent. Rental cars are oddly very close but, you have to take a bus to them. It takes longer to get there than to be dropped off. After returning my car, I felt like somebody who?s lost, gets in a cab to be taken back to my hotel and the guy just turns a corner and there it is.

Flying CYUL-CYYZ-OMDB(DXB) last week I had a slight delay in YYZ. It went like this:

Boarded maybe 30 minutes late. Eventually the captain made an announcement giving the following reasons:

- Plane arrived late at the gate because the previous Lufthansa plane at our gate left late.
- The water lines needed to fill the aircraft fresh water tank were frozen.
- The water trucks alternative were really busy.
- ‎Refueling and ground work was slow because of the cold weather.

Then he came on again, this time with this gem:

- We are ready for push-back, but the fuel truck broke down and it blocks our aircraft at the gate.

We finally pushed back 1h late at 22:05.

Then we went for ‎De-icing.

And then the captain came on again to tell us:

- We are ‎#8 for take-off, expect a 15 minutes delay (it was 22:35 by then)

We finally left the ground​​ at 22:45 :lol:

DXB was my final destination, so besides adding ~1.5h to an already long flight (14h gate to gate), I didn't care that much.

Last edited:
Skytrax really is rubbish. I've just flown two so-called five star airlines (Singapore Airlines and Lufthansa) back to back and there's no way those two are in the same category.

Also, 42000km in economy class in four days are more than enough. :sleeping: