Airplane or airport experiences...

if I actually do want to round out my list of planes flow, I have to act quick.
You’re flying to Madrid later this year, right? If so, you may be able to catch an Iberia A340 to Heathrow and return on BA’s brand new A350. All oneworld, of course, but it’s a short route.

You’re flying to Madrid later this year, right? If so, you may be able to catch an Iberia A340 to Heathrow and return on BA’s brand new A350. All oneworld, of course, but it’s a short route.

Nope, I'm a SkyTeam guy. For that trip I'll be flying on the A380, A319, B737 and B787 in that order.

I meant adding MAD-LHR-MAD to your JFK-CDG-MAD-AMS-JFK trip. It‘d be a shame to miss out on the A340, wouldn’t it? ;)

I’m eyeing JFK-LHR on Virgin’s A340 in October.

Bah, just got a notification that my upcoming JFK-AMS seat changed because of an equipment change. KLM app still says B787, but the seat layout clearly isn't. According to SeatGurus, the only matching KLM layout is their A330-300.

I'm sitting at DUS waiting to board a flight for the third time this month. Usually I fly about once or twice per year...if even that much.
Also, international (as in Non-Schengen destinations) terminal is nicely relaxed because far less busy. :D
And it feels weird to have to go through passport control. I totally forgot about that. At least there wasn't a queue in front of the desk, so me using my national ID instead of my passport and thus not being able to go through the automated checks wasn't bad. Well, only three more controls to go through on this trip...

Any odd events at security to report? They’re always extra special at DUS... including occasional lectures and meltdowns.

Sounds like Seattle or LaGaurdia.

When the hell did you move to the Cologne area and why weren't you at ringmeet?

Just had my flight on the Super Jumbo. Airbus A380-800, JFK-CDG. Decided not to upgrade to business, but did have a upper deck Duo seat (economy cabin with a 2-3-2 layout, compared to the 3-4-3 on the lower deck). Absolutely no feeling of speed, but wasn’t nearly as quiet as I was expecting it to be based on things I’ve read online and in this thread. The IFE was embarrassingly bad, though I guess that particular plane was 10 years old and probably hasn’t had any updates yet. Hit some pretty bad turbulence near Greenland, but then managed to get a decent sleep until the coast of Ireland at which point the crew turned on all the lights and announced a medical emergency.

When the hell did you move to the Cologne area and why weren't you at ringmeet?
2011 until May 2018 and again since May of this year. I never made it to the Ringmeet because I always noticed the threads far too late and had other plans by the time I did... and I’ve even got one or two things lying around that I was going to donate as quiz prizes.

2011 until May 2018 and again since May of this year. I never made it to the Ringmeet because I always noticed the threads far too late and had other plans by the time I did... and I’ve even got one or two things lying around that I was going to donate as quiz prizes.

So... put "early August ish" on your calendar now? :nod:

Which reminds me, my recent airline/airport experience:

Fly HAM-FRA-LAX with LH, the flights were fine... got to see my suitcase again two weeks later on the carousel in HAM :bangin:
Based on the various stickers, it flew with me to Frankfurt... followed me to Los Angeles a day later... never got shipped to my Vegas address that was valid for five more days while my colleague's suitcase made it to Vegas on day 2... mine spent the next two weeks partying in LA, it seems... flew back to Frankfurt on my plane, was scheduled to return to Hamburg one flight after mine but a) someone in LA used the red RUSH stickers and b) our plane from LA was early so it ended up getting a new sticker for my flight to Hamburg, covering the "BULK" notice... which probably led to some luggage handler throwing it out onto the carousel :dunno: yoink

Now to enjoy the LH claims process for replacement purchases :roll:

Which reminds me, my recent airline/airport experience:

Fly HAM-FRA-LAX with LH, the flights were fine... got to see my suitcase again two weeks later on the carousel in HAM :bangin:
Based on the various stickers, it flew with me to Frankfurt... followed me to Los Angeles a day later... never got shipped to my Vegas address that was valid for five more days while my colleague's suitcase made it to Vegas on day 2... mine spent the next two weeks partying in LA, it seems... flew back to Frankfurt on my plane, was scheduled to return to Hamburg one flight after mine but a) someone in LA used the red RUSH stickers and b) our plane from LA was early so it ended up getting a new sticker for my flight to Hamburg, covering the "BULK" notice... which probably led to some luggage handler throwing it out onto the carousel :dunno:yoink

Now to enjoy the LH claims process for replacement purchases :roll:

Damn....

This is why I try and avoid connecting flights if at all possible. I’ve been screwed while not to what you experienced, I’ve still not had luggage for a couple days

Well there is no HAM to US West Coast :( and flying to FRA beats taking a train or driving if you have to do security and airport shenanigans anyway.