Ownership Verified: AkiH's Nissan Primera GT

AkiH

Car(s)
Nissan B11 x 4, N13, P11, 160, K12, K10
I almost got a car from the year 2000. I bought myself a winter beater. :thumbup: It is a 1999 Nissan Primera GT, almost 264k kms on the clock. This one wasn't a scrapyard find. :mrgreen:

P1100741_zps979c9a5c.jpg

P1100738_zps5e71281d.jpg

P1100745_zpsd4c60b83.jpg

P1100725_zps6a67dc0a.jpg

P1100733_zps01934c64.jpg

P1100756_zpscdbf5d39.jpg

P1100735_zpsb555592d.jpg

P1100758_2_zps40c2e9ed.jpg

Clearly it is not new, scratches, dents and couple of rattle-can patches were there and rear bumper has a crack on it. Driver's seat's leather is somewhat worn out. Electric things seem to work ok. Pair of new front shocks are waiting to be installed, then it needs wheel alignment time at local repair shop. Maybe I post a picture of engine bay, when it is cleaned.

Reactions: TC
Nice.

Even the base model GX of this is a great car to drive (mom had one) and I imagine the GT is even better.

These are by far my favourite generation of Primera. And they were apparently "good enough" to sell as Infiniti with some added leather and stuff. :) Could you imagine an Avensis being sold as Lexus?

They have a strange but apparently pretty good steering setup as well.

When I saw the thread title, I held my breath and clicked on it, fully expecting to see one of these:

I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw*. And a 5 door, no less! While we did get the Primera here in the US as the Infiniti I20 - one of my favorite 20th century Infinitis, BTW - we never got the 5 door here. Very nice!

*Except for the seat fabric. They seem to be crying out to be reupholstered.

I don't think they even made ugly-Primera (P12) in GT-form.

I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw*. And a 5 door, no less! While we did get the Primera here in the US as the Infiniti I20 - one of my favorite 20th century Infinitis, BTW - we never got the 5 door here. Very nice!

I think this would be better in Sedan form, but they did only sell GT-versions in as 5d form. In central Europe they did have Sedans too.

Thumbs up for BTCC goodness!

pics-max-14974-331878-1998-nissan-primera-btcc.jpg

I think this would be better in Sedan form, but they did only sell GT-versions in as 5d form. In central Europe they did have Sedans too.

The GT 5 door doesn't look that different from the sedan. And you have an extra-large boot if you ever need it.

I like those seats, really 90's GT style :) I'd imagine it's a nice place to sit in.

Just as a point of note, I remember there being a Primera SE version in sedan form, which had a full leather GT interior. In case you get tired of those jazzy seats :)

Those seats have enough leather for my butt.:rolleyes:

Approved! I'm not a fan of generally Primeras, but somehow I find the GT versions really likable. I don't know if it has something to do with Gran Turismo 1 and P10 Primera GT. Anyway, congrats!

Ahh, late '90s Japanese upholstery. Makes the upholstery in city buses seem like something you'd want in your house. :lol:

My late grandfather's last car was a late '90s Toyota Starlet, exactly like this one inside.
$(KGrHqZ,!qIFIYIyg!zLBSJDcVtr)g~~48_20.JPG

Last edited:
I gave engine a sponge bath. Didn't have guts to use power washer so it is not clean, maybe some less dirty however.

P1100793_zpsfce823c0.jpg

P1100795_zps17578ffc.jpg

SE20DE(H), only embarrasing 150 hp under the hood.

I actually remember someone selling a Primera wagon with the digital odometer reseted at one point, claimed to be due to an engine bay powerwash. If that's true, it's a good idea not to try that on the GT.

But wouldn't that make my car new again? Worth of trying? :think:

Damn, that white crap is falling from heaven again. I really hate this time of year. Not real winter, so you only get your car dirty.

Had to change winter tyres, at least they are new and on alloys. Bumber has different shade of paint than car itself. :cry:

P1100818_zpsff7cd635.jpg

Where did all the snow go? The weather hasn't been as cold as it usually is around this time of year. Well, at least I have been able to clean Primera regularly, since our garden hose hasn't completely frozen yet.

P1110136_zpsae38a676.jpg

In the mean time, I might be losing my mind. I have watched 98/99 BTCC races from Youtube and I find this commercial rather amusing.