Alejandro MacLean, Red Bull Air Race pilot, dies in crash

mpicco

Forum Addict
Car(s)
R19
I was shocked to see this today in a spanish news channel.
Red Bull Air Race pilot Alejandro Maclean, of Spain, died in a training crash in his home country Tuesday. Maclean, the former captain of the Spanish national aerobatic team, was 41.

"The entire Red Bull Air Race community and the aerobatic fraternity have lost one of their most vibrant and passionate characters," Red Bull Air Race said on its website. "Alex's significant contribution to the growth and development of the Red Bull Air Race over the past six years and to aviation in general will be remembered forever by those who shared this journey with him."

[video=youtube;Wu8hKebe6-U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu8hKebe6-U[/video]

What is it lately, there have been an unusual amount of accidents in all forms of motorsport :cry:

Fuck......

A good reminder I guess that Red Bull air race isn't as safe as most of those guys make it appear.

Well he died in a practice session doing normal acrobatics... not in the Red bull tracks... but we've had some guys touch the water before. I've always said it was a matter of time before someone crashes heavily into the water, humans make mistakes.

Always makes me sad to hear stuff like this.:(

RIP Alejandro MacLean.