All Kinds of Aweseome: 2008 BMW M1 Concept Breaks Cover.

Seems like they caught the actual prototype.

Autoblog said:
We've been debating whether or not this is a real photo or an expert rendering, but if it is a photoshopped image of a BMW M1 prototype, then it is very convincing. According to FreshTarmac.com, this photo was taken in a hangar in Spain. It shows a sleek two-door, probably mid-engined coupe with attributes of the new M3 incorporated into its design, especially the front fenders and hood. With BMW introducing the M1 Hommage Concept at the Concorso d'Eleganza at Villa d'Este last week, we hope this means that is already considering a production version. Come on BMW, build it!

http://img146.imageshack.**/img146/9849/bmwm1prototypelargeqg2.jpg

Great, now it's boring again. Now it looks just like a shortened M3 with a chopped roof. It also very much looks front-engined to me.

looks a bit photoshop to me...

God, please tell me that's a fake. Never would have thought "flame surfacing" meant ripping off the R8 in every way.

You might be right. What exactly is that chrome looking thing on the c-pillar. If that is a reflection it's fake, look ath the sharp edges.

Great, now it's boring again. Now it looks just like a shortened M3 with a chopped roof. It also very much looks front-engined to me.

It has to be; look at that hood, it's the exact same as the M3 hood.
<insert lazy Porsche design joke here>

dunno if that is a photoshop or not but that one looks even better than the orange one I first saw.

i'll say it again : DO WANT

Seems like they caught the actual prototype.

http://img146.imageshack.**/img146/9849/bmwm1prototypelargeqg2.jpg

huh...kinda want...

looks like they took a wireframe render of the R8 and pasted an M3 skin on top of it :rolleyes:

also, most probably mid engined, look at the way the body is extended past the door to the back and the way the rear wheels are placed. If it was front engined, the ass end would stop a lot sooner and the rear wheels would be a bit farther up.

still like the other concept a lot better...this one's still bangle-ized :barf:

That is such a photoshop, I mean look at it. Here are all the faults I can spot:
1. Why the hell is there a powerdome and cooling slits on the front hood, is the tank that hot and huge!!!???
2. The entire front is one massive single piece of steel as there is no visible seam between fender and front bumber.
3. What are those red things?
4. Cut&Pasted R8 side wing and filler cap
5. The presence of another filler cap left to the r8 filler cap
6. The turn indicators on the bumper are crudely painted in and look unrealistic
7. Can't really tell if there is a Bmw logo on the wheels
8. The Dash is from an R8

That's all I can find for now.

I think it looks wicked. You guys must be too conventional to appreciate it. :D

Edit: Talking about the concept on Page 1... not whatever that thing is in the hangar.

Last edited:
HA, I freaking KNEW IT

http://www.freshtarmac.com/update-bmw-m1-prototype-is-fake/271/

That photoshop job looked way to freaking terrible to be anything but fake.

Seriously, you just have to look at a photo of this side-by-side with a current M3 to see the lines are EXACTLY the same, just all strechyfied. Seriously, would BMW design something that unoriginal? Its not like they're Porsche or anything :rolleyes:

EDIT: sorry, dead link, whole freshtarmac website went *poof*...but its still a fake!

Last edited:
Since they aren't allowed to build cars with pop-up headlamps anymore, they tried to hide the lamps by making them slide back and forth behind the blades. I think they described it in the bmw promo video for the m1 concept.

Since they aren't allowed to build cars with pop-up headlamps anymore, they tried to hide the lamps by making them slide back and forth behind the blades. I think they described it in the bmw promo video for the m1 concept.

Hmm I wasn't aware of that. Does that have to do with pedestrian safety laws or something else?

Now, if they got rid of the silly wheels and stupid orange paint, it'd look fabulous.

HA, I freaking KNEW IT

http://www.freshtarmac.com/update-bmw-m1-prototype-is-fake/271/

That photoshop job looked way to freaking terrible to be anything but fake.

Seriously, you just have to look at a photo of this side-by-side with a current M3 to see the lines are EXACTLY the same, just all strechyfied. Seriously, would BMW design something that unoriginal? Its not like they're Porsche or anything :rolleyes:

Got another link? This one just redirects to google.

Last edited: