All Kinds of Aweseome: 2008 BMW M1 Concept Breaks Cover.

I'm loving the reactions in this thread, it's a very love/hate car, there's no middle ground at all.

History is often marked by the polarisation of opinion...

BMW needs a new Hypercar, akin to the merc slr or to a lesser amount the Audi R8.
BMW prides itself as the ultimate drivers-car, however the current line up of sport saloons just doesn't cut it. BMW needs a new full-blown GT and a hard-core sportscar.

And no, that horrible BMW CS Concept doesn't cut it as a GT.

7094_1024.jpg

Edit: Didn't see this when I got the pic, only just noticed after I posted. The name on the windshield of the second car.

:lol: Go Tiff!

In my humble opinion whomever put that design on paper should have their hands chopped off, while the person who approved the design should be shot. But that's just my modest opinion.

It's interesting. I think I still like the original 2002 Turbo concept.

The modern rendition feels too short. A design like that should be long and sleek.

Not surprising, though, that BMW wants in on the action, especially since Audi is doing will with the R8.

Steve

At least it's bold. That's bucking the trend of BMW design right away. I'd rather it looked awful to 90% of people and great to 10% of people than bland to 100% of people.

I love it. It's retro eighties, but that's the whole idea. Brings me right back to the glory days of octagonal drum pads and DeLoreans. It's the car equivalent of Neon Neon's new album.

These renders have to be by just some fan. They look horrible.

It is awful. Every single bit of it. The wheels, the nose, the hood. Just stuff the m5 v10 into the old M1 give me some new brakes and I would take it. The one one still looks better all these years later. If they put this into production they should shoot themselves.

At least it's bold. That's bucking the trend of BMW design right away. I'd rather it looked awful to 90% of people and great to 10% of people than bland to 100% of people.
Good point. I don't think there's anything in BMW's lineup that I like the look of anymore, but if I saw one of these on the road I think I'd be taken aback. It's ugly, but it's definitely bold.

You could say the same about the Pontiac Aztec. ;)

Thank God it is a concept, the real one will hopefully be toned down and a sane.

You could say the same about the Pontiac Aztec. ;)

There are a percent of people that think the Aztec looks good? :p Consider me surprised.

I just know I'd rather drive this than a 1 series van-a-like.

After going away and looking the pictures again, I can conclude they should make it, with better wheels, and I think the car in real life would be more toned down and better looking, good I hope they make this in addition to the Z10.

They must make this car. Never been a big BMW fan but that is cool:)

7094_1024.jpg

Edit: Didn't see this when I got the pic, only just noticed after I posted. The name on the windshield of the second car.

DUDE! AWESOME! :lol:

These are just computer-models.... I doubt they're anything official from BMW. I agree - fan renders here.

Even if this is going to be a real concept car, they'd tone it down before tehy actually built one, and tone it down more before it gets to the customers.

These are just computer-models.... I doubt they're anything official from BMW. I agree - fan renders here.

Even if this is going to be a real concept car, they'd tone it down before tehy actually built one, and tone it down more before it gets to the customers.

Nope, definitely from BMW: http://jalopnik.com/385185/m1-homage-concept-proves-its-a-real-live-mid+engined-bmw-concept

The jury's still out on whether or not is a real-live model (working or otherwise). The video tries to prove that by showing panning shots of the car lined up to its predecessors, but it still might be rendered...