Alpine Meet 2016

I'm so stoked for this. I would ideally like to get as much of the planning down ASAP so I can budget and ensure I don't miss it, even if that means foregoing Sylvestermeet to get back on the slopes. Hopefully I can manage both.

*checks Google Maps* hmmmm, 'only' 500km... *starts thinking about it*

DAMMIT, I wanna go too!! :(

You guys settle on a date and I'll see if I could possibly work something out. THis would be a nice opportunity to get some skiing, since I love it but haven't done any in about6 years I think...
I'd love to take Maja and 47,5 too, but she can't get off work, being a teacher and all. I know she's interested in learning to ski. :)

Damn, damn, damn, I don't need these kind of things in my life, so tempting!

Reactions: MWF
Damn, damn, damn, I need these kind of things in my life, so tempting!

:nod:

And once again, how long a trip are you people planning? As said before, I'd prefer a week or so, but is someone planning on just long weekend or some shorter measure?

Last edited:
:nod:

And once again, how long a trip are you people planning? As said before, I'd prefer a week or so, but is someone planning on just long weekend or some shorter measure?

If I was planning, I think I could do a 3 day, or in a better case, a 4 day weekend. Friday to Monday would be nice :)
How much are ski passes anyway?

Three days of the whole area are 156?, 4 days are 200?. The single resorts are a bit cheaper.

It has to be said though, the resorts mostly aren't as modern and fancy as some of those hyper resorts in Austria or Switzerland, no 8 in a row chairlifts with heated seats...

"Well fuck this, I'm not coming then!"

Ok, I will come anyway, but there must be some chairlifts. I truly hate skilifts. - It's 2015, not 1965.. even in Italy. :lol:

Also, if lip is joining us, he said he could provide some skis, so people with loaner gear only need to rent ski boots.

Don't count on this, we usually sell out our winter sport gear at the season start early December, and we have less and less stuff every year since even the locals are renting today instead of buying. - Also ski resort rental stuff is new, fits and isn't too dear. Just rent the stuff locally.

In that case my vote is for 20-27 Feb (Saturdays). Avoids the festival and school holidays, still in February and long enough after Christmas.

There we are. Can we agree on this date?

I will probably turn up for a long weekend Sa-Mo 20-22 or Sa-Tue 20-23.
And as usual as I love my privacy and some holiday-luxury I will have my own hotel room nearby.

"Well fuck this, I'm not coming then!"

Ok, I will come anyway, but there must be some chairlifts. I truly hate skilifts. - It's 2015, not 1965.. even in Italy. :lol:

It's not like it's either or. :) The little time I've spent on Italian slopes 2-4 person chairlifts seem to be the norm, depending on resort size obviously. And as a snowboarder I'm also not a big fan of anchor lifts.. :p

There we are. Can we agree on this date?

Anyone got any particular reasons why Feb 20-27 wouldn't work for them? The way I see things it isn't too late in the season, shouldn't (hopefully) clash with any school holidays/festivals and is far enough away from the Christmas/New Year period that people will be ready for a vacation.

Also current potential attendees:
DaBoon
Beni
MWF
lip (hotel)
eizbaer
Leviathan
GT1750 + 1 and a bit.

Has the makings of a good little group.

Don't worry, there are almost exclusively chair lifts or cabins and no anchor lifts whatsoever.

As we are already too many people for our little house (four bedrooms (if people want to share them), 7 beds (and a little one for Magdalena as well if needed)) I will see if there are any hotels I can recommend!

I don't mind sharing especially since I know I won't have the budget for a hotel.

Yeah, GT, awesome. My cousin who lives in the house as well has two small girls so there's some company as well :)

That's cool, how old are they? Thanks for all the info BTW.

As we are already too many people for our little house (four bedrooms (if people want to share them), 7 beds (and a little one for Magdalena as well if needed)) I will see if there are any hotels I can recommend!

When we are travelling, Magdalena usually sleeps with us on one bed. We also have a foldable travel bed for her, so no need to worry.

feb 20-27 works for me :nod:

also, i'm perfectly happy sharing a room, not sharing a room, hotelling it up if we're too many people, anything, really. can't wait! :happy::banana:

feb 20-27 works for me :nod:

also, i'm perfectly happy sharing a room, not sharing a room, hotelling it up if we're too many people, anything, really. can't wait! :happy::banana:

Yeah, something along these lines. :nod:

Put me down as a maybe.

I am going to need a holiday, and I will probably be able to do this on just overtime hours I made in the last week :D

Well, dates mean nothing to me, for now I'm free for any date.

Got the green light yesterday without even asking for it, hehe

So put me down as a maybe, since it all depends if I'll scrape enough cash for it till then.
It's kind of an unexpected expense, and we already have some plans for next year etc. But would really love to make it.
I'd be fine with 2 square meters of floor for sleeping.

Also, I just remembered that I don't have shoes to go with my skis, I'd have to find some. :D

Getting hold of a second hand pair of ski boots shouldn't be too hard. Mine are used ones and they cost me roughly ?25. Plenty of time to look on eBay etc.

Can we put the dates into the thread title now since most people seem to be happy with those proposed?

And FFS capitalise the "M" at the start of "Meet" before my OCD makes me :blowup:

:D

Last edited: