Alpine Meet 2016

When do you plan to make the 3hrs drive translation from Fontanazzo to Umhausen? During Sunday evening or Monday morning?

We have the weekend spot until Monday, so I would say Monday afternoon. Basically the same way I did the trip last year. Hopefully without a broken hand this time though.. :p

Exactly! That way we can still enjoy a more or less regular skiing day on monday, maybe cut it a tiny bit short, also depending on how long leviathan intends to stick around :)

I guess I will stick around until Monday afternoon. Just two days of skiing is very little after all, and the daily ski pass price for Monday is lower than during the weekend, so even if the day is cut short we don't lose much. I've taken Tuesday off work as well, so getting home late isn't an issue.

Have you guys already decided what ski arena you want to visit during the stay in Fontanazzo?

Well, everything should be accessible with same ticket, so easiest to start from nearest slopes I guess. I'd like to do the Sellaronda tour at some point, preferably with the best weather available. :cool:

Here's the area info page again http://www.dolomitisuperski.com/

Ah yes, I remember. You're one of those "use every skilift at least once" nomadics. :lol:

Btw, I will stay at the Hotel Maria in 38085 Moena, that's about 15min away from your place in Fontanazzo. I will arrive late on Friday night and hence will come up to your place and meet you guys at about 08:00 Saturday morning if that's alright with you. - Please provide me with the adress of your apartment.

I'd like to do the Sellaronda tour at some point, preferably with the best weather available. :cool:

Here's the area info page again http://www.dolomitisuperski.com/

:heavyb:

yeeees, i'm all up for that!
lip, 8am might be a tad early... but i don't really care, seems fine. i'll fall asleep the moment we arrive anyway, I guess, so i should be up by then. we'll be at Strada Ponjin, 38030 Fontanazzo... it seems the street is so small, it doesn't even have house numbers.

Reactions: lip
I am so damn jealous. Divorce last year, new job this year.....

Still got a nice bonus from the last employer and should get similar from the new one the way things are going so there shouldn't be anything stopping me taking part next year.

Next year, I promise.

^
^

Well let's make it 08:30+... :lol:

Thanks for the adress. A parked up blue Seat FR should help to locate. ;)

Trust me if I wasn't so slammed in the new job and thought I could get a flight at a half decent price I would be joining you this year.

I know, I know :(
Can't wait for this bloody week to be over... it'll be so damn exhausting, because so much stuff is going on! But hey, at least I'll have earned my holiday :)

Trust me if I wasn't so slammed in the new job and thought I could get a flight at a half decent price I would be joining you this year.

~120eur flights for Fri-Mon trip from London to Milan. Just to rub that in.. :p The other Matts Disco made it to a roadtrip eventually, after years of promises. So there's hope. :mrgreen:

decided to buy one of those ~100? chinese gopro knock offs. one of the newer versions that does 1080p60... tried to get some reviews and such, but everybody keeps contradicting each other while the next person talks about fakes and everything. so screw it, I simply got one, can't be that bad right? :D all in the pursuit of making the rest of FG jealous of our skiing trip!

~120eur flights for Fri-Mon trip from London to Milan. Just to rub that in.. :p The other Matts Disco made it to a roadtrip eventually, after years of promises. So there's hope. :mrgreen:

yes but which London airport? Gatwick then fine. Stansted is a complete no.

Seems to be Gatwick indeed. It's an EasyJet deal.

Don't know when I'll be home tomorrow, so have started packing. Can't wait :) Skis and Snowboard are already in the car.

I heard rumors of the group passing Munich on Friday? When? Lunch?

I'm picking up Mikko at something like 11-:0011:30 at the fraport, so I guess we'd be in Munich at the earliest at something like 3 pm. In whatsapp there were some discussions about how wise it would be to go the Munich route, but I personally don't know and don't care :dunno: according to gmaps Munich would be about 30 minutes (55km) of a detour (or 10 minutes if I set departure to Friday 11:30). Mikko also thought about stopping in Innsbruck for a burger, but I'd rather do a stop in Munich and meet up, tbh, and then skip Innsbruck. We're already rather late, however (arriving some time between 7 and 8 pm without stopping), so we won't really be able to stop for very long... so it'd be lunch and onwards!