Am I in the wrong here? People on Autoblog Love Buicks. WTF.

I think some of the problem with your comments about Buick, is that the brand is part of America. When you insult Buick, it's a stab in the heart of the nation for many people.

I'll almost certainly never buy a Buick, but I won't say anything bad about them, either. They made some cool cars in the past and they genuinely do appear to be improving. Bringing over models from Europe is a good move.

I told you there was a white GN-X, Behold

XRAY1.JPG

PunisherBass will be delighted

Why do cars no longer look like spaceships? :(
Who gives a fuck about pedestrian safety, spaceship cars are more important.

Buick used to do serious cars, as you can see in this thread. Hell, they did serious cars all the way up until 1995. Only VERY, VERY recently did the "old people" syndrome set in - and it's by no means irreversible.

They birthed two of the greatest engines ever - the Rover V8 and the Buick 3800 series.

Now that Pontiac and Olds are gone, Buick is the only surviving GM brand with a history of making fast versions of otherwise normal cars. You know, that process that turns a Grand National into a GNX, or a 5-series into an M5, or an XJ into an XJR, or a Porsche 911 into a GT3RS, or a Skyline into a GT-R.

Now, if you RTFA, you'll notice they're TRYING TO DO IT AGAIN. Sure, it's a blown 2L 4pot, consider the fact that GM has *NO* performance engines except the LS and LT - neither of which make a damned bit of sense in a Regal.

GM is trying to buy back gearheads. Most of us remember what they used to be. They know none of us are going to buy one (at least until they make a habit of being appealing again) but if they can get us talking, even just a little, the general public will hear us. Why do you think they paid Bob Lutz to come back instead of hiring someone new with new ideas? Because we know his name. Why do you think they let him go off and race CTS-V's? Nobody bought a CTS-V because of that, but we talked about it.

Now that Pontiac and Olds are gone, Buick is the only surviving GM brand with a history of making fast versions of otherwise normal cars. You know, that process that turns a Grand National Regal into a GNX, or a 5-series into an M5, or an XJ into an XJR, or a Porsche 911 into a GT3RS, or a Skyline into a GT-R.

FTFY

More Buick Specials, please.

I prefer the '67 Riviera, but really any '60s Riviera is going to be highly acceptable.
3876503991_09cc592706_b.jpg

So Buicks are boring and you have a 15 year old audi station wagon and a 21 year old honda.

fuck-a-doodle-doo

now go away

Yeesh, 5 red dots, he's winning the unpopularity contest. Suppose one should commemorate with some Buicks from years ending in 5?

30571d1216483007-pranlal-bhogilal-collection-auto-world-dasthan-kathwada-gujarat-buick02.jpg

1955_Buick_sv.JPG

1965_Buick_Wildcat_Custom.jpg

Baxter__Bob_1985_Buick.JPG

I'll just leave this here, then.

[YOUTUBE]x_Z9Jk4s3dM[/YOUTUBE]

OMG. the stage 1 GSX is my all time favorite muscle car.

Saw one in the flesh take off down the road at full throttle. Tires were still screaming in third. i came. hard.