Amazon Prime membership gets more expensive (at least in Germany)

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Mazda MX-5 NB ringmeet fashion accessory
From next year the Amazon Prime membership will get more expensive: currently it's 49 Euros per year, from February 1st it'll be 69 Euros a year. If you begin the Prime membership until February 1st the first year is still 49 Euros, afterwards it'll get more expensive. Additionally, if you already have a membership and the membership will renew before July 1st the next year is still 49 Euros, but if the membership renews after July 1st you'll pay 69 Euros for the following year.

Let's see, what is so expensive to justify a price increase of 40%? Oh, right, it's TGT... :p

It's been ?79 here since I signed up a couple of years ago, I wonder why it was so much cheaper in Germany. :think:

I still consider it worth the money at this price, if I add up the amount I would've spent in equivalent fast delivery over the year it would be much higher.

Last edited:
Thanks to this thread I realised that I can register to German Amazon Prime, and watch TGT legally!

That is amazing. I wonder if your government is subsidizing it to help get more imports? Or perhaps Amazon recently started it and is trying to get the population hooked?

Pretty sure there is no subsidizing going on... Might be an introduction offer, but on "my prime" it says it will be renewed next year at the same amount

In the US if you are a student with an .edu email you get 6 months free.

I can pay $79 (Cdn) for Prime in Canada, but that only gets me half decent shipping, not the TV programs that appear elsewhere. At this point...not worth it.

Does Italian Amazon Prime subscription include Prime video too, though? I cannot find any mention about Prime video on Amazon.it.

Does Italian Amazon Prime subscription include Prime video too, though? I cannot find any mention about Prime video on Amazon.it.

No Video in Italy

I pay 19,99euro for Prime in Italy! :banana:
I'm from Italy and it looks like we don't get Video...
I was more than ready to pay the 20 euro, but it looks like it won't be the case. I can't imagine however that Amazon won't introduce it in the next days in Italy, knowing how an important part of the segments from TG have been placed in IT, and how it will likely be the case with TGT.
Let's wait and see

Funnily enough, the "student" status which gets me 1st year free and following years for half price does not seem to run out... I've had it since they introduced it a few years back and they never once asked for antoher confirmation of my student status since then. I've not been a student for more than two years now... I wouldn't even know how to "cancel" it, if I were so inclined.

Still it is not much (just 18 %) more than our compulsory TV tax (disguised as licence fee).

Over here that would be 18?/month roughly... so it is much much cheaper than that :p