Ownership Verified: American Muscle - My 2013 Ford Mustang GT Premium

WDWBen;n3551963 said:
Spoiler alert: The next vehicle is a Dodge Challenger ;)

Ooooh but cylinder deactivation. :/

argatoga;n3551931 said:
Awesome! I must ask, does he wear a cowboy hat and boots?

He does not. He is however twice my age.

Next vehicle will very likeley be a JCW Mini. Either R53 for sweet supercharger noises, or R56 for a little more practicality.

I was guessing Golf 1.0TSI, but that sounds similarly euro-conformity-hegemony-approved.

blackman;n3551985 said:
He does not. He is however twice my age.

Next vehicle will very likeley be a JCW Mini. Either R53 for sweet supercharger noises, or R56 for a little more practicality.

Watch out for the R56 if it's got more than 100k miles on it. Suckers like to leak oil from the turbo... that's the reason I sold mine. Would have cost almost as much as the car was worth to fix it. It's all labor, but I'm just not handy enough to tackle that work myself.

WDWBen;n3552018 said:
Watch out for the R56 if it's got more than 100k miles on it. Suckers like to leak oil from the turbo... that's the reason I sold mine. Would have cost almost as much as the car was worth to fix it. It's all labor, but I'm just not handy enough to tackle that work myself.

They also like to eat their timing chains, lots of them with engines already replaced. I like the R56 because they tend to have more option like bluetooth HID headlights, which are pretty rare on the R53. That supercharger whine though.... :p

EricTheCarGuy oh YouTube has an R56 he’s been fixing up. That series could give you a small insight on what you could be up against.

blackman;n3552029 said:
They also like to eat their timing chains, lots of them with engines already replaced. I like the R56 because they tend to have more option like bluetooth HID headlights, which are pretty rare on the R53. That supercharger whine though.... :p

Funnily enough, my R56 was a base model, with three options: iPod adaptor, Bluetooth, and bixenons. I didn't even have cruise control, but I surely had Bluetooth and self-leveling xenons.

Oh, and an LSD. That was a $500 stand-alone option available on some of them. Very rare, but it was a nice bit of kit to have in the snow.