Ownership Verified: American Muscle - My 2013 Ford Mustang GT Premium

Well my bad luck continues... I had to ship the tail lights out to have the LEDs changed and rewired for TUEV conformity.

Guess what? One of the lights got damaged.

They're trying to glue it, because one of these lights is about 700EUR and unobtainium aroudn here... I had insurance on that shipment, so I also have to chase DHL around to figure that out...

Last edited:
Well, thankfully you had them insured. It might take a while to get a replacement, but even if they can glue it, I'd say get a new set of taillights. The ones you shipped were damaged in shipping. That's on DHL, and you should be made whole.

Man that sucks dude. I hope you get it sorted with DHL.

Hopefully DHL is better than UPS....

First things first: IT'S DONE!!! After almost 3 months, lots of swearing and a ton of paperwork, the car is street legal on German plates.

Last job to be done were the new taillights and the integration of the rear fog light
trigger signal for the rear fog light switch:

end result:

wiring up the taillights

When that was all done I had my TUEV guy drop buy and inspect the car in my garage to avoid any nasty surprises at the TUEV station. This morning I finally made it there and only needed the brake and emissions check. 30mins later and 275EUR poorer I was on my way to the local DMV to get plates.

First surprise there was that I would get quite rare 1 letter 1 number plates. Because of the spacing on the rear of the car they deemed that more practical than the more square plate I thought I was going to get. The next surprise was the high fee for the registration. They made me pay for every exception to German law. Apparently the TUEV can call it legal, but you still have to pay the DMV to get the exception granted.

Took it to work today, now the gas tank is empty again :D It's fun though!

Brilliant!

NICE!

(sidenote: 'bons' is Dutch for both 'bump' (as in the sound made at impact) and 'mogul'/'kingpin')

HAHA! Didn't know that. I had planned for my initials + 302 (as in 302 cubic inches). Then they put me on the spot with just one letter and one number. I said I wanted something with 5 in that case, and N just happened to be available.

After a testdrive: Smells of petrol from exhaust, is louder than thomas shouting, goes like stink and is a pleasant hooligan. I like it.

So, was Thomas a younger sibling?

Insurance offers me 1200? compensation for 3000? worth of damage to the car in order to resolve the issue quote "quick and efficient" *sigh* told them to come up with something better or I'll lawyer up... Another 2 weeks without response, insurance person claims other responsible insurance person is on vacation. Meanwhile I just want to get this over with so I can declare the car off the road for the winter...

Oh and I checked with DHL who f'ed up that taillight, they said it can take several more weeks for them to make a decision on if they reimburse me, because it was an international shipment...

Last edited:
As Der Stig said, getting a firmly-worded letter on a lawyer's stationary will cost you less than 100 Euros and works wonders in getting insurance people to comply.

Well threatening them with it seemed enough! Got confirmation that it will be taken care off according to the quote I gave them. Trying to get an appointment at the body shop for next week.

Woohoo!