Americans: Any Memorial weekend plans?

^ That's true, but all you're doing by boycotting them is forcing yourself to pay more for products. I live alone, and everytime I go to Wal-Mart I save like $15 than if I had gone to any other supermarket type place.

The corporate world is an evil place, I ain't gonna throw away my money to fix it though.

In fact, label me crazy, but I love Wal-Mart. As a consumer, it has everything I could ask for. I don't care how they run their company.

^ I guess Wal-Mart doesn't suffer from the same stigma up here. Sure, you don't see the same crowd in there as you see in Whole Foods, but it's not like the worst scum shows up there.

Anyway, as far as Windex and Febreze and toilet bowl cleaners go, Wal-Mart can have my business. :D

Wow, Shawn you're more American than some of us who actually live here, hehe.

But yeah, I not only hate the corporation (there's a documentary floating around somewhere about how evil they are), but I also just hate how crowded it is (unless you go in the middle of the night, then it's not so bad).

I would much rather support local smaller stores, even if I have to pay 50 cents more for something.

Last edited:
About the only thing I am doing is going to a large car show near me Saturday.

Me too... Bugout 63 in Virginia, should be a blast!

Spen today at the local lake on me boat. Plan on doing the same tomorrow and on Monday.

For the veterans, of course!

One day left until Memorial day and a day off. Not sure what I'm doing yet. If tommorow is another 13 hour day I'll probably sleep all day Monday. On another note I talked to a Budweiser vendor today, who worked a 17 hour day :blink:.

I'm going to watch some good old fashioned American baseball. Go Cubs!

So I was going to go mountain biking with some friends. Turns out I needed to take a day off to break a little bitches shins.

Nothing special, just enjoying the first weekend of summer (for me, school just ended).

Will catch up with some high school friends. Oh I watched Iron Man last night (awesome!)

BTW:
Costco > Target > Walmart

I went to the Indy 500.

in reference to the Wal-Mart rant. I am so sorry you have to work there. I would rather shop anywhere else. Meijer, Kroger, or IGA for groceries. I don't give a damn if i coulda saved 50 cents on whatever i bought, and $1 for the extra gas i spent going to more than one place. If it's one thing i've learned, it's that any price disparities between them and another local grocer are WELL WORTH IT to avoid having to fight my way past half a dozen hyperactive kids for an A/V cable or some fat trailer-trash woman with a speech impediment for a package of toilet paper THAT I WAS ALREADY TAKING OFF THE SHELF (hasen't happened yet to me personally, but have come damn close).

Seriously, only two kinds of people regularly shop at Wal-Mart. The dregs of society or the penny-pinching asshole that has no qualms about buying chinese wanna-be crap that will probably cut their intestines open so they can sue for eleventy-million dollars.

^ Okay, Wal-Mart is definitely not the same up here then... and what Chinese products? It's not as if only their house brand stuff is cheap, even name brands are cheaper at Wal-Mart.

Seriously, only two kinds of people regularly shop at Wal-Mart. The dregs of society or the penny-pinching asshole that has no qualms about buying chinese wanna-be crap that will probably cut their intestines open so they can sue for eleventy-million dollars.

Ummm, and just about every middle-class mom in the country.

I went to the Indy 500.

in reference to the Wal-Mart rant. I am so sorry you have to work there. I would rather shop anywhere else. Meijer, Kroger, or IGA for groceries. I don't give a damn if i coulda saved 50 cents on whatever i bought, and $1 for the extra gas i spent going to more than one place. If it's one thing i've learned, it's that any price disparities between them and another local grocer are WELL WORTH IT to avoid having to fight my way past half a dozen hyperactive kids for an A/V cable or some fat trailer-trash woman with a speech impediment for a package of toilet paper THAT I WAS ALREADY TAKING OFF THE SHELF (hasen't happened yet to me personally, but have come damn close).

Shit, man. Arrogance much? ;)

heh.

I just am annoyed by Wal-Mart and it's practices to the extent that I'm exaggerating the grouping of people who actually go there. Yes, stuff that is actually name brand sells there for less too. I found that P&G sells the largest quantities of their products to Wal-Mart, and offer the same price they offer Wal-Mart to all other retailers. so, yes, the best price is from them. I just am tired of the practice of getting the best price possible no matter what hurdles lay ahead. there are some things that are just not worth it. The only time a Wal-Mart is NOT a madhouse is after 10pm. even their Warehouse "club" variation, Sam's Club, is better. I'm not interested in fighting "every middle-income mother" for a can of peanuts or a pair of socks. I'm against supporting such shitty treatment of it's employees and the fact that good, legitimate, small family-owned operations get muscled into bankruptcy over the "one-stop mega store"

With regards to Indy.

Yes, it's awesome :) I have been going for over 15 years now with my dad and brother. My dad has seats in the first row going into turn one. I can see the pits, the entire front straight, all through turn one, the short chute, and going into turn two. best seats evar! You practically have to inherit them to get them.

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=fMhcNDjPHdE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=7glLZCJ13Pg[/YOUTUBE]

sadly youtube doesn't have the rest.... but i am sure you can find season five ep 2 for download somewhere....

as for me this memorial day I was at limerock park for the Rolex GT series. It was great mazda got us another corral this year plus a bunch of face time with all the drivers and tours of the paddocks all in all it was pretty boss