An Aussie in Texas, March 14-24, 2019.

To continue the theme of the last few posts, I nominate you as King Scrubby Knob of the day for the events of last night after dinner. :p
A title I have duly earned.

I also may need your help with the GTO... I installed new headlight bulbs (I did all of them) and I think I may have caused a leak in the coolant system or something. The coolant temp warning came on briefly when I was parking it and went back down after I went up a ramp.

A title I have duly earned.

I also may need your help with the GTO... I installed new headlight bulbs (I did all of them) and I think I may have caused a leak in the coolant system or something. The coolant temp warning came on briefly when I was parking it and went back down after I went up a ramp.

Did you ever burp the system and have you checked your coolant level?

Ummmm, yeah....

It's being carted to the Jaguar/import house in a nearby rich area (that also services LSx vehicles because of customer demand) for repairs... because all the decent GM houses were booked up with broken GMs.

Attachments

• IMG_0609.PNG
    IMG_0609.PNG
    72 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_0603.JPG
    IMG_0603.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 326

IMG_0669

Well, technically the GTO is an import, so I guess we did take it to the correct place...

@ScarFace88 - If you talk to the shop before I contact you tomorrow, ask them to save the old radiator for you. I want to cut it in half and check a theory.

Poor car fled his home country, crossed the ocean and is STILL bullied by Aussie Ford owners.

If it didn't break, it wouldn't be "bullied."

Also, speaking of which - since Misrabelle's been here, the bloody Aussie cars are coming out of the woodwork. I've seen more GTOs, G8s and PPVs in the last couple of days than I have in the last few months.

Last edited:
Yes but how many 4Runners did you notice before you owned one? It’s called the “new car population paradox”.

I bet your music streaming player is suggesting INXS, Men at Work and Olivia Neutron Bomb right now.

Go for the irony of the second option since it’s the band which had an international hit about being Australian that was written and sung by an immigrant Glaswegian who still speaks with a Scottish accent.

Yes but how many 4Runners did you notice before you owned one? It’s called the “new car population paradox”.

Except I checked my dash cam footage. No, I really have been seeing more Aussie cars in the last few days.

I bet your music streaming player is suggesting INXS, Men at Work and Olivia Neutron Bomb right now.

Actually, it hasn’t. I actually had to hand select one song by Mediocre At Best Aussie MP (Midnight Oil) when I rolled up to meet Misrabelle and everyone else at Der Stig’s that one night. (She didn’t like it - and I can’t disagree with her reasoning - so I didn’t queue up any more.) It played some stuff by Moog (of Mighty Car Mods) a couple times in the intervening days and one thing by Crowded House (of New Zealand) but that’s about it.

It’s actually been on a Ukanian musician kick of late, playing a lot of L/\ Nights. Which I highly recommend, by the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: MWF
Crowded House randomly popped up on the in store music at CVS when I was shopping earlier.

However I did very much approve of Tool, which was another selection playing when we met up the other day.

How long was your receipt? :D

Not long enough that I even realised it was the stupid docket place

We should have you buy something from Sears before they vanish completely then - buy a single wrench or keychain, get a receipt that's a meter and a half long. :p

But wait! There's more!
IMG_0868.JPG

In other news, we wanted to make our Australian visitor feel as much at home as possible, even upon the firing range.
IMG_0752.JPG

So we installed an Australian target.

IMG_0756.jpg

It seemed to work.

The GTO is contagious.
IMG_2849.JPG

IMG_2846.JPG

IMG_2851.JPG

IMG_0835.jpg

All these things were in place prior to exposure to the GTO. :p

It was held on by one bolt and a bunch of zip ties when I took that picture. Fixed all of that now, though - details on the truck's thread later.

So, I’ve made it back to Sydney. Once again my family didn’t bother to pick me up from the airport, so I’m at work. At least my workmates were pleased to see me.

I hear the Commodore is still in Texas. Maybe it’s jealous that I was going back to the homeland, and it wasn’t?