An European wants a modern American Muscle Car - Which one to buy ?

prizrak

Forum Addict
Car(s)
11 Xterra Pro-4x, 12 'stang GT
Someone mentioned that you could get a slightly used Mustang for 30K USD in Americaland.
Dude 30K will get you a brand new Stang. Even the GT (V8) model is slightly under 30K. A fully loaded V6, which has plenty of power I might add, will cost you 26-27 max.

Hbriz

Ballroom Blitz
Car(s)
'07 Megane dCi
Oh, you too? Except here it is not Ford, but farming lobbyists. It is stupid and inefficient.
You can get E10 in pretty much any petrol station here. BP has gone so far as to stop selling regular unleaded, which is strange. Most people I know won't even consider using E10.

thevictor390

Teen Wankeler
Car(s)
'17 Mazda MX-5 RF, '89 Toyota Blizzard SX5
All of the stations I've been to recently have "up to 10% ethanol." Don't have much choice in the matter and the amount of ethanol probably varies per shipment.

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Nissan Frontier Pro-4X & Altima
E10 is nearly mandated here in Missouri, which dropped 1 or 2 MPG. E85 has it's pluses, but only because of it's 104 octane rating. If there was a source for it closer to home I'd convert the SVO to use it.

Runs_And_Drives

Car(s)
2010 Mazda 3 Sedan
All of the stations I've been to recently have "up to 10% ethanol." Don't have much choice in the matter and the amount of ethanol probably varies per shipment.
I'd never seen it until I had to stop for gas on a trip to Michigan. When I read the sign on the pump I was pissed. They were charging the same money for gas as I paid back home, but the product would not only slightly compromise performance, but not get me as far on a tank. I dread the day this becomes a standard. Why not make Soda 10% water so that it isn't as unhealthy... because it would suck!

...[/rant]

Nabster

Has Slutty Mustangs
DONOR
Car(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe, 2019 Mustang GT, 2011 F150
Why not make Soda 10% water so that it isn't as unhealthy... because it would suck!

...[/rant]
You do know that soda is already mostly water, right? It's made by adding a relatively small amount of syrup concentrate to a much larger amount of carbonated water (soda water is the name for it once it's carbonated). Soda fountains carbonate the water and mix the syrup in right at the time of dispensing, if you look closely when you use a fountain you'll see it's not a solid color when it comes out of the nozzle because it isn't fully mixed until its in the cup or whatever.

Related video explanation.

Runs_And_Drives

Car(s)
2010 Mazda 3 Sedan
Dear God people... are the metaphor gestapo the new division of the grammar nazis?

Pour yourself a glass of your favorite carbonated beverage. Then pour some water in. Does it taste good? No, it's "watered down". Any drink is mostly water... since it's, you know, a drink. But any drink can be "Watered down" by adding regular, unflavored, H-2-O.

Nabster

Has Slutty Mustangs
DONOR
Car(s)
When you specifically said "Why not make soda 10% water" that would mean reducing the total amount of water in it drastically, so no, it really was a poor metaphor. :lol:

Perhaps if you had said to add an additional 10% water....

Nabster

Has Slutty Mustangs
DONOR
Car(s)
Ok, that would be a good one.

mclarensmps

Car(s)
'11 KIA Forte Coupe
I am personally sick to death of seeing the new Mustang here (which is a problem you guys obviously don't face), and even though I like it, I wouldn't pick it up for that reason alone. I'd have a tough time choosing between a Camaro and the Challenger, but would probably end up picking the Challenger. Dual headlamps get me every. single. time.

_HighVoltage_

Captain Volvo
Car(s)
1998 Volvo S70 T5M
I am personally sick to death of seeing the new Mustang here (which is a problem you guys obviously don't face), and even though I like it, I wouldn't pick it up for that reason alone.
I laugh every time I see a base V6 Mustang or a 3.5 Charger. There is a 3.5 Charger on my campus with 20" rims, rear spoiler and stickers. But it still has the 3.5 badge and the single exhaust. It's ridiculous.