An interview with Andy Wilman about TG Australia

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Via e-mail:

Hi.
I've got a scanned copy of today's (2nd May) edition of "wish", which is a glossy magazine supplement from the Australian newspaper. Their website is http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/extras/wish/index.html. The preview of today's edition doesn't show the story starts on page 54 regarding an interview with Andy Wilman, about him setting up the tv Top Gear Australian version. The write up is two pages plus a full page photo of Andy. I'm not a member of the forums but I'd like to email the scans to you if you're interested.

Feeling a lot more positive about TGA after reading that.

Also amuses me that clearly not a single Australian member reads The Australian...

Also amuses me that clearly not a single Australian member reads The Australian...

Thats right.

But it just FinalGear members who don't read it. The rest of the population doesn't either. Apparently The Australian even publishes Clarkson's columns, but thats still not enough to make me pick up a copy.:lol:

The Australian comes in a format that is too cumbersome for my commute to work/uni, so i just boycott newspapers (the alternative here is the worst paper in the world, the courier mail).

Nice article though, it looks like they're actually trying with this TGA malarky. I'm still a little hesistant about watching three "typically" Australian men "having a laugh", despite warnings that it would be occer-free.

On a more positive note, i did enjoy the early beyond 2000. :)

The funny part is that we get The Australian at my work, along with the Australian Financial Review, every day. I never saw The Australian Magazine on May 2, though. :|

That said, I concur with those that are feeling more confident about TGA now. If Andy and the bloke from Beyond 2000 can keep the quality up, and their presenters are 3 likeable guys, then ... yeah ... could be OK. Possibly even good ... :shock:

I read this article the other day and agree that it gave me some peace of mind that the producers know it will be a tough gig to create a new TG 'franchise'.

Hah! They mention Tim Allen! Boy do they need him to be the third guy of the US TG3. Right, back to your regular Aussie programming.

That is very reassuring. Can't wait to see what happens.

Feeling a lot more positive about TGA after reading that.

Nobody on a car forum would read the Australian :p

It's more of an OMG prisus and evil 4x4 paper

So the failed attempt at making a US show that they mention in the article is something different than 'Gear'?

Good to know Andy Wilman as an active role in TGA. There is hope...