Ownership Verified: And another Golf - now with added Cylinder ^^

Burn

Car(s)
'02 VW Golf GTI - '89 W124 200TE
Since I liked my Mk2, but it was becoming too slow and uncomfortable, I decided to buy a newer, more comfortable Golf.

Here's the result:

2002 Mk4 GTI V5 (20V Version, 170hp)
Almost fully equipped, only things missing are leather seats and fog lights...

IMG_20130514_160911.jpg

As you can see the V5 logo was missing, but I already added that by now

GTI3.jpg

IMG_20130514_161011.jpg

Incredible parking spot on my holiday in Italy :)

IMG_20130525_160522.jpg

And the same Spot at night

IMG_1681.JPG

Proof pic:

20130624_164956.jpg

Here you can also see the custom Steering wheel and Audi S3 Gearknob :)

Last edited:
5-cylinder noise = <3

The noise is kind of the reason I bought it :D

+a few tweaks to the air filter box --> :drool:

Interesting car. We didn't get a 5-cyl version of the Mk4 GTI in North America. It was either the VR6 or the 1.8T.

Feel free to post up exhaust clips. :)

Interesting car. We didn't get a 5-cyl version of the Mk4 GTI in North America. It was either the VR6 or the 1.8T.

Feel free to post up exhaust clips. :)

We didn't get the VR6 in Europe. The V6 24V (204hp) was only available as 4Motion, so no GTI ;)

Also, as far as I know there was a 5 Cylinder version of the Mk5 in the US, am I right? In Europe the Mk4 was the only Golf ever that came with 5 Cylinder Engines :)

really hard to understand how they came to these choices of Engines :)

V5 as in it's not an inline engine? Interesting...

EDIT: Read Wikipedia. I see, it's more like a W engine in that it's basically inline but just staggered a bit for space.

Last edited:
We didn't get the VR6 in Europe. The V6 24V (204hp) was only available as 4Motion, so no GTI ;)

Also, as far as I know there was a 5 Cylinder version of the Mk5 in the US, am I right? In Europe the Mk4 was the only Golf ever that came with 5 Cylinder Engines :)

really hard to understand how they came to these choices of Engines :)
There is a 2.5L 5-cyl version of the Mk 5/6, yes, but that's in a standard Golf/Rabbit, not a hotted up version.

Congratulations! That's a sweet car. Looks very understated on the outside and the interior has a nice blend of sportiness and comfort.
For me, the Mk.4 has always represented the biggest leap forward in the Golf's history. And it still looks contemporary to this date.

Someone I know used to own a Mk.4 GTI in exactly the same colour, he lowered it ever so slightly and put grey OZ Superturismos on it with some decent tires.
It looked very good and the handling was great!

V5 as in it's not an inline engine? Interesting...

EDIT: Read Wikipedia. I see, it's more like a W engine in that it's basically inline but just staggered a bit for space.

All "V" Engines in any Golf are "VR" afaik - they just decided to lose the "R" in the name somewhere along the way...

@Frankiess: I like the simple styling of the Golf, and the Mk4 has been the favorite Golf for a long time now. Maybe that's a German thing - I don't know^^