Ownership Verified: Anesthesia's 4G Civic

Anesthesia

Car(s)
'88 Civic 1.6i-16, '05 Accord, '07 Dyna
So here's my summer car. Proof of ownership coming tomorrow.

1988 Honda civic 1.6i-16. A fairly rare dohc model(157 sold in Finland) that I bought 2006 all riced out.

A few years later and we're just about stock. All the rice mods are gone. These included painted vents, skirts, tinted lights and windows. I've tried to get it looking like stock, but with some performance upgrades.

It's a 1.6 dohc, programmed multipoint injection. I've done a lot of small mods during the years. I might have forgotten some of them. It has a full exhaust, header, short ram intake, adjustable cam gear, modded and reprogrammed ECU with a wideband lambda sensor. Other small upgrades include a lighter cam pulley(saved a few kilos) and a short shifter. I've taken out the rear seats, and all the sound dampening. I've got a radio in it, but it's not hooked. Just there to cover the hole that would be there.

The suspension has been done, it's currently on MAD springs and Bilstein shocks, but the shocks are on the way out. I have a new set of Koni adjustables waiting. Brakes have been upgraded, it has 4-wheel discs standard. But the pads died on the track fast. Now it've got EBC Redstuffs with stock discs.

That's probably the most of it, having done small things over a number of years you tend to forget. :D
I've got a slightly modded head going, after that I need to get the ECU reprogrammed.

Pics
11042010176-1.jpg

25042010188-1.jpg

17052010232.jpg

20110501_001.jpg

Proof pic:
20110620_002.jpg

Wow, kudos for saving a Civic! :) I've never driven one but I'm sure they are fun to hustle around, being very lightweight with a nice engine.

I've only ever driven a poverty-spec 1.3-litre carb, but even that was good fun. Props for reverse carbage work.

Cool! My friend has one just like that, it's dealthy slow but still a fun little car. Yours might have more power though.
I've not had it on the dyno with the latest mods. The current numbers are about 145hp/160nm. The power curve is way more usable than the equivalent VTEC engine, and I have more torque(funny, talking about torque in a honda! :D)

Having said that, these heads had a lot more to improve on vs. the dohc vtec heads that followed these engines.

Last edited:
Great to see one in improved condition rather than riced! :)

I do, actually. The pics are fairly bad quality though. These are from the website it was on. The color is a lot brighter. The skirts were horrible(4mm steel too). The lights were all tinted black, as were the windows. I had a fairly hard time locating the original red reflector that belongs on the trunk. The one on it had been replaced with a black one. There were a lot of small things that I didn't like. Nothing major, but small things add up. The skirts were the biggest pain to get rid of.
740376_b_7e0e15083bd26c72.jpg

740376_b_8cf7cb0a49cb6e84.jpg

IMG_1010.jpg

Thanks, I try to keep it clean, but fun. :)
Ofc. everything is relative. Rather than going in to a foolish debate about what is considered fast, I'd just say that working with cars should always be about improving on what it is. From time to time you get to measure up against "the big boys". Some times you even get surprised, sometimes the big boys get surprised and who knows you get to meet new interesting people you wouldn't have otherwise gotten to talk to. :)

"Anesthesia's Home for Abused Civics" has done a nice job here. Looks like whee. :)

Thanks, I try to keep it clean, but fun. :)
Ofc. everything is relative. Rather than going in to a foolish debate about what is considered fast, I'd just say that working with cars should always be about improving on what it is. From time to time you get to measure up against "the big boys". Some times you even get surprised, sometimes the big boys get surprised and who knows you get to meet new interesting people you wouldn't have otherwise gotten to talk to. :)

Agreed. I ran up against an SRT10 Viper (500hp) one night night in my lowly mid 12 second Camaro...low and behold, I stuck right on his bumper from 50-120 because he short-shifted...and the fact that I could eat a sammich in between his gear shifts helps too.

"Fast" really is relative, you're right. My friend's EF really is slow though - you literally have to go wide open through the gears and flat shift to keep up with traffic. It's all about having fun though :)

Shit, my current Focus feels just like the same. 110whp feels like 4hp coming from 350rwhp. I don't think I could get an "exhibition of acceleration" ticket if I tried. True speed is something like the SR71. Not many people can say they've been in something that can outrun a bullet.

Shit, my current Focus feels just like the same. 110whp feels like 4hp coming from 350rwhp. I don't think I could get an "exhibition of acceleration" ticket if I tried. True speed is something like the SR71. Not many people can say they've been in something that can outrun a bullet.
I went wide open through first and second right past a cop recently. He didn't do a thing. Probably thought "aww cute, he's trying". That's with 140hp. My friend's Civic has 70hp...

I do, actually. The pics are fairly bad quality though. These are from the website it was on. The color is a lot brighter. The skirts were horrible(4mm steel too). The lights were all tinted black, as were the windows. I had a fairly hard time locating the original red reflector that belongs on the trunk. The one on it had been replaced with a black one. There were a lot of small things that I didn't like. Nothing major, but small things add up. The skirts were the biggest pain to get rid of.=

Aside from the skirts, that doesn't..really look that bad? :dunno:

Out of the few on sale when I was looking it was the best option. Still the little things annoyed me. Tinted windows and lights just scream at me, and the skirts never fit the shape of the car. At the moment it looks stock with some minor changed details. I didn't want a rear window wiper, the door handles were painted and the red stripe in the moldings is originaly from an other model. I liked how it looked so I did it.