Ownership Verified: Anesthesia's daily driver. I skipped the 90's

Anesthesia

Car(s)
'88 Civic 1.6i-16, '05 Accord, '07 Dyna
So after looking at at least half a dozen different makes and models I ended up with my 4th honda. I now have no excuses. Hondamies it is.

It's a 2005 accord sport business. Full service history and the K-series K20 engine. Same engine as the civic Type R, but with a milder tune(cams and software afaik.)Half leather interior, dual zone automatic AC, cruise control and probably lots of things I've not found yet. AC and cruise were the two things I had to have in a new daily. A few little things I'm probably going to do and it needs a proper wash and detail but other than that it was way better than the others I had looked at.

I didn't wash it before taking pictures. With the terribly poor winter down here it's going to be dirty in two minutes after a wash.
QedtFmC.jpg

n1iuFr4.jpg

SFRcC0D.jpg

kR2YrpU.jpg

6PoORsA.jpg

9IhPRJW.jpg

Last edited:
.....the K-series K20 engine. Same engine as the civic Type R, but with a milder tune(cams and software afaik.)......

Will this be tuned to typeR specs in this year? :D

Will this be tuned to typeR specs in this year? :D
I'll say "no" for now without any reservations about said answer in the future. :D

Always liked that generation of Accord. The wagon version is mahoosive.

Personally I'd have bought the 2.2 diesel version - with proper maintenance those engine are good for 500k km. And a remap would get you over 200hp and many tork-wehs.

Always liked that generation of Accord. The wagon version is mahoosive.

Personally I'd have bought the 2.2 diesel version - with proper maintenance those engine are good for 500k km. And a remap would get you over 200hp and many tork-wehs.
I've liked this generation from when they came out. I drove my friends 2.2 diesel wagon actually just a few days ago. It gets better mileage but with how little mileage I end up putting on it between the other vehicles I drive. I have no need for a wagon myself.

I'm happy with these new things they call air conditioning and cruise control. :D

Reactions: MWF
The design of this thing is so clean and refreshing to see in the day and age when the Civic hatch looks like a Lamborghini Aventador for 3rd world countries. The engine seems interesting as well. All in all, I'd say you chose well.

Also, while the wagon version is mahoosive (whether that's good or not is a personal preference), this is a rather compact car, which I find a good thing, especially if you live in a city. One of my neighbours has one of these and it never sticks out in rather tight parking spots in our street, quite unlike some other neighbour's Mondeo Mk3 wagon.

Time will tell how good of a choice I made. :D
At least I know these well enough to sort them out if and when something comes up.

This generation Accord Euro/TSX has aged so nicely. Congrats on the new ride.

This generation Accord Euro/TSX has aged so nicely. Congrats on the new ride.
Yeah, already some of my friends have thought it's newer than it is. Thanks :)

Stateside this is known as the Acura TSX, my TL's smaller sibling. Fine choice indeed!
I wonder how similar they actually are? So far I've been more than happy with going with this instead of the other options I was looking at.

Well now he has to get rid of it... Good job!

I kid, I kid, congrats man!
Thanks. Not regretting going with this yet. We'll see six months down the line if that's still true. :D

Two things were wrong with the car when I bought it. Seat heater on the drivers side. That ended up being a loose connector.
46DO0SH.jpg

Second thing was that the passenger side door lock acts up. It's the door lock actuator. Usual fault in these and a 16€ part.
One was ordered and door mechanisms were fondled.
f55vQsf.jpg

xvwT8Y2.jpg

While I was at it I did what I just about never want to do and that's make holes in interior panels. But I wasn't fond of the interior heater rolling around on the floor in the way so I mounted it.
mfGZZWm.jpg

Ofc. the mandatory FG sticker was also added.
GpNXPmj.jpg

Last edited:
I go to a Defa lecture every year (free dinner, why not) and they always tell us that those Termini heaters need to be off the floor and securely installed somewhere. Unlike older less compact models, the fan in these spin at several thousand rpm and they don't like gravel and dirt very much.

Whenever they get a "failed" heater sent in for warranty, the first thing they do is to put a sheet of printer paper on the table and slam the heater on top of it a couple of times. If a piece of gravel comes out, your warranty is null and void. :D

Also, it needs to be pointed up and away from the floor to help air circulation. If the hot air can't escape the footwell the self-regulating PTC heater element inside will turn itself down to near nothing and your car won't be defrosted.

This concludes this morning's Defa lecture. :p

While I knew it wasn't the best option to have it on the floor I didn't want to make holes. However I figured fuck it, I'll do it properly and make a few holes if it's out of the way and works as intended. :D

Is that like an extra heater because Finland?

Cabin heaters are really handy as they clear the windows for you on cold mornings. Not to mention a nice and warm steering wheel...

Is that like an extra heater because Finland?

It’s a 1400 watt (ish) heater blower, yes. Or anywhere between 1200 and 2000, usually. They’re connected to the same 230V circuit as the engine heater.

Pretty much all cars have pre-heaters here, either electric or fuel powered.

Cabin heaters are really handy as they clear the windows for you on cold mornings. Not to mention a nice and warm steering wheel...
Not to mention the slight increase in fuel mileage when you're not firing up a stone cold engine.
Perc summed them up perfectly.