Ownership Verified: Another chick's car: Ford Falcon BA XR6

Misrabelle

Got Vegemite?
DONOR
Car(s)
'03 Falcon BA XR6, '79 XD Falcon S, '08 X5 3.0D
Fell in love with this colour and style when they were released in 2002, and I worked my butt off to buy one. Finally got my baby in January 2005.

Year - 2003
Colour - Blueprint
Engine - 4.0L I6 Barra 182kW
Driveline - RWD
Transmission - 5 Speed Manual
Factory Options - Tow pack, XR Blue floormats

This was the day I brought it home, I only had a cheap camera, so the picture quality is poor.
xr4.jpg

auctionxr6.jpg

Xr_7.jpg

It didn't stay standard long, even though I was only doing cosmetic mods until the warranty expired.
I added a lower front grille, and window tinting, new custom number plates and covers for them.

When I could finally add more I bought an exhaust/extractor kit off ebay and installed that myself.
69_9_L_200811212146.jpg

I then bought a CAPA Flash Tuner, which came with 3 generic tunes, just to liven it up a bit.
It will be custom tuned in the very near future, but is already a handfull in the wet - and even when it's dry if it's getting low on fuel.

New wheels and a higher spoiler were added, which completed the external mods.
Then I started on the interior, borrowing bits and pieces from other models in the range, and changed the dull grey trim to silver.
mycar_bindi.jpg

xr6scuff.jpg

SL370127.jpg

SL370358.jpg

Wanting to do something original, I removed the seat skins and sewed over the original grey XR6 logo, by hand, in matching blue satin thread. I couldn't move my thumbs for 3 days afterwards, but it looks awesome.
xrseat.jpg

l_32b7399b11da41d085e73e5a6ab6975c.jpg

SL370922.jpg

I'm sure I'll find more to do to it soon (I already have a new mod in mind), but for now this is how it stands:

Engine / Driveline Modifications
? XR6 Turbo air intake
? K&N panel filter
? Typhoon lower intake
? Pacemaker 4490 extractors
? Magnaflow 3" metal cat
? Redback 2.5" exhaust with dual outlets
? 2.5" to 3" rolled stainless tips
? CAPA Flash Tuner
Exterior Modifications
? Lower grille with XR6 badge
? Territory fog light covers
? AWC Typhoon rear spoiler legs
? AWC Carbon fibre ECU cover
? 18" BA Typhoon wheels with Ford centre caps (instead of FPV)
? BF Tail lights
Interior Modifications
? FPV pedals
? FPV door spears
? FPV steering wheel
? FPV leather console lid
? XR6 scuff plates
? Blue illuminated window switches
? Ghia bootlid carpet
? Tinted windows
? FPV Silver ICC surround
? FPV Silver cup holder
? FPV Silver shifter surround
? FPV Suede shifter boot
? FPV Silver rear vent surround
? Leather console lid
? Blue satin XR logos on front seats - hand stitched
? One piece key (from the Ford Focus)
? Custom engraved build plate - XR6
Multimedia / Audio Modifications
? Ford boosted iPod kit
? Navman S35

Hope you guys like it.
I noticed there aren't too many Aussie cars on here, so maybe I can start the ball rolling...

Last edited by a moderator:
Great car, i love them too. Are those original typhoon wheels ? My cousin owns a typhoon with those wheels and they are 19s.

Yes they are. Though I've changed the centre caps to Ford ones, because it's not an FPV.

The BA MkII Typhoon came with those wheels in 18" only.
The BF which has the slightly different design come in 19", but the BA's are available aftermarket in 19".

Last edited:
Wow, extremely impressive. (Y)

What are those white lines in the last pic?

The floormat on the dash has got to go, but otherwise...nice!

Congrats! Good looking car, the engine and gearbox combo is great, I like that color too and the seats look comfy, sad that they're not leather..

Really nice car! Congrats!

Very nice. I think that the colour you got is brilliant for that generation Falcon.

Should have sold this car here in the US, labeled as a Taurus. :no:

Looks quite good, if you remove the mudguards it'd look better.
I'd love to, but they have rubbed through the paint in a couple of places and it will require a respray for me to do that.

Why are there white lines going across the hood and onto the front windshield?
What are those white lines in the last pic?
Going to do a wedding, I assume?
Yes, they're wedding ribbons. I was contacted through the Australian Ford forum I'm a member of, to provide the car for a wedding to match at least one other car. I drove the bridesmaids around for the day.
It was lots of fun, a really nice day AND I got professional photos taken of the car and posted to me.
SL370943-1.jpg

weddingcars.jpg

The floormat on the dash has got to go, but otherwise...nice!
It's not a permanent fixture, but the car is parked outside while I'm at work, and the sun can get pretty savage here, so I have it just sitting on the dash. If I were to drive with it there, it would slide straight off into my lap. So it goes away into the boot when I don't need it.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I'm very much in love with my car, and it's nice to find a place where people understand.
My friends only see their cars as transport and think I'm stupid.:(

Last edited:
Uh, great car and all, but please remove the dashboard-rug.

It's not a permanent fixture, but the car is parked outside while I'm at work, and the sun can get pretty savage here, so I have it just sitting on the dash. If I were to drive with it there, it would slide straight off into my lap. So it goes away into the boot when I don't need it.
Why don't you buy a normal windscreen sunshade?
2wmm4g3.jpg

My friends only see their cars as transport and think I'm stupid.:(
:no: You need new friends.

Last edited:
Dang, I wish Ford would bring their cars that are actually good to their HOME CONTINENT. But, nooooooo, we get the boring crap for dumb North American sheep to buy :mad:

Dang, I wish Ford would bring their cars that are actually good to their HOME CONTINENT. But, nooooooo, we get the boring crap for dumb North American sheep to buy :mad:

That's what you get for being stupid, fat idiot consumers! :D Welcome to Australia, land of the rear and the sideways.

@Misrabelle Nice car! The XR BA Falcon has always been a nice clean car. I find it somewhat fitting that the bridemaids got shoved into the only XR6 in the pack... :lol:

Last edited:
Why don't you buy a normal windscreen sunshade?
I do have one now. In a lovely matching blue of course!:D
:no: You need new friends.
Yes, I do. That's only one of their many flaws. You're not the first person to suggest it.

i approve. and im not a ford fan. What part of Syd you from?

Bankstown, sadly.:( It wasn't a bad area growing up, but it's gone rapidly downhill.

Ideally I'd like to move to Victoria. Sooner rather than later.

My Dad HATES that idea.