Ownership Verified: Another chick's car: Ford Falcon BA XR6

So, even though this thread has been around longer than the proof pic rule, I thought it would probably be a good idea to post one anyway.
SDC10231.jpg

Re: Another chick's car: Ford Falcon BA XR6

So, even though this thread has been around longer than the proof pic rule, I thought it would probably be a good idea to post one anyway.
SDC10231.jpg

Nice dash carpet. :lol:

How can you tell? She's wearing jeans-- oh...dash carpet...damn... *returns browser zoom to default*

The colour was one of the "must have" items when I bought it.

The only other condition was that it had to be manual.

Me in my car:
SDC13952.jpg

Half in the car?
SDC18893.jpg

I installed a genuine bluetooth car kit, so that was while I was playing around with the connections under the dash, and about to go out to dinner with a friend.

Found a better spot to mount the mic, instead of the corner of the windscreen.
SDC18946.jpg

Completed install, all working fine:
SDC18907.jpg

I think I've also upgraded the centre console to the larger colour screen since I last posted pics.

A co-worker and I backed into each other earlier this year as we were leaving work. So I contacted a friend of a friend and got the damage fixed, and both bumpers resprayed to repair damage that was there when I bought the car.
This was upon bringing it home.
SDC18866-.jpg

SDC18877.jpg

SDC18865.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I read that, they've really just changed the wording of things from all I can tell.

But I've never used my mobile while driving anyway.

Too bad they didn't add in "Tucking your iphone into the side of your hijab, doesn't count as handsfree" to the law. Saw a woman doing that the other day.

Last edited:
Love this car, especially the colour- very close to Vision!!! : D

Awesome seeing a fellow female Ford enthusiast on the forums (even if I knew you already were on here and AFF haha!)

There should be more of us Brydie!! There used to be a few girls on AFF. They seem to have dropped off a bit now though.

Hope you got your leak issues with the Fiesta fixed!!

Too bad they didn't add in "Tucking your iphone into the side of your hijab, doesn't count as handsfree" to the law. Saw a woman doing that the other day.
Why should they? It leaves you with both hands free.

Another chick's car: Ford Falcon BA XR6

Why should they? It leaves you with both hands free.

The new wording of the law means you cannot touch the phone at all while driving. Even if you're parked on the side of the road. If they key is in the ignition and you're in the drivers seat, they can book you.

Same law here in many US states. Gotta be hands free.

Anyway, blue is totally the best color for cars. :)

Why didn't I pay attention to this thread before? That really is a great looking car! But it's even greater seeing a woman so involved and passionate about a car. :cool:

Few minor updates for the list.

Engine / Driveline / Suspension Modifications
? XR6 Turbo air intake
? K&N panel filter
? Typhoon lower intake
? Pacemaker 4490 extractors
? Magnaflow 3" metal cat
? Redback 2.5" exhaust with dual outlets
? 2.5" to 3" rolled stainless tips
? CAPA Flash Tuner
? 27mm Whiteline Front Swaybar
? 22mm Whiteline Rear Swaybar
? Pedders Bump Stops

Exterior Modifications
? Lower grille with XR6 badge
? Territory fog light covers
? AWC Typhoon rear spoiler legs
? AWC Carbon fibre ECU cover
? 18" BA Typhoon wheels with Ford centre caps (instead of FPV)
? BF Tail lights

Interior Modifications
? FPV pedals
? FPV door spears
? FPV steering wheel
? FPV leather console lid
? XR6 scuff plates
? Blue illuminated window switches
? Ghia bootlid carpet
? Tinted windows
? FPV Silver ICC with colour screen
? FPV Silver cup holder
? FPV Silver shifter surround
? FPV Suede shifter boot
? FPV Silver rear vent surround
? Leather console lid
? Blue satin XR logos on front seats - hand stitched
? One piece key (from the Ford Focus)
? Custom engraved build plate - XR6

Multimedia / Audio Modifications
? Ford boosted iPod kit
? Navman MY80T
? Ford Bluetooth phone kit

Did the sway bars awhile ago now. Have to be careful in the wet, the tail does like to kick out a bit. Noticed while I was under it installing them, that the curb-side bump stop was ruined, so I went and bought aftermarket replacements. They're a hell of a lot tougher than the original ones, but a complete PITA to install.

Next to be attended to will be the roof lining. It's starting to drop on the driver's side, which is apparently pretty common since Ford stopped putting a plastic edge strip against the windscreen. Doesn't take long for the sun to kill the glue and foam.
We have a pretty decent auto trimmer that we use in our work vehicles, so he will come out to the depot, take the lining out, then fix it in his workshop at home, and come back to reinstall.

It's also time I gave it a clean and put some polish and wax on the newly painted panels. After the respray I was advised not to touch the new paint with any of that stuff for at least 90 days to let the paint harden fully and all the gases escape. Should get some time next week as work is pretty quiet for the moment.