Another one bites the dust

C53A_4G63T

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2005
Messages
843
Location
Farmington, Connecticut
Car(s)
99' Infiniti Q45t, 89 Mitsubishi Mirage Turbo
http://www.sltrib.com/ci_4129176#







EDIT: Autoblog has a correction to the story

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/08/03/...gh-speed-crash/

From the horses mouth - Richard was going close to 200mph, and hit a bump in the road that sent him airborne. The car rolled 7 times and was flat as a pancake. Fortunetly he was wearing a helmet. He has cracked vertebrae in his neck and back, 4 broken ribs, broken sternum, some broken fingers, and the only surgery he made need is on his thumb. Nothing life threatening. He is refusing pain medication because he thinks he needs to be punished!
 

thedguy

rides with Rebecca Black.. in the back
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
9,006
Location
Orange California
Car(s)
(OO=[][]=OO)
It's only a little paint. Considering that engine probably needs a rebuild I think thats the least bit of their problems...among other things. (edit: didn't see the /joke part).

Ferrari claimed when the swedish guy wrecked his, they could rebuild it, I wouldnt doubt this could as well.

Atleast these guys were enjoying their cars rather than putting them in car shows or pulling them in and out of the garages to watch them be washed by some servant.
 

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
DONOR
Joined
May 19, 2005
Messages
22,611
Location
Lamp
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
Really, what are those red and orange patches?
thedguy said:
Atleast these guys were enjoying their cars rather than putting them in car shows or pulling them in and out of the garages to watch them be washed by some servant.
Agreed...
 

Jay

the fool on the hill
Joined
Dec 11, 2005
Messages
11,280
Location
Aurora, IL
Yet another accident on the Utah "Silver State" race.

Good to see that the car wrecked exactly how it should, I doubt that the driver even had lacerations or anything broken.
 

amdforever

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2005
Messages
679
That T-Top version looks pretty disgusting.

Funny thing is, I just saw an Enzo today in Bellevue WA. It's amazing how there are quite a lot of Enzo spotting despite there're only 399 of them.

In other words, Enzo owners actually drive them around and supercars are not that hard to live with. :D
 

No Boss

Neener, neener, I banned your title!
Joined
Oct 8, 2005
Messages
6,889
Location
Wherever the Coast Guard sends me.
Car(s)
'07 Volvo XC70 Polestar, '01 Miata SE
Redliner said:
Really, what are those red and orange patches?
That's just marking/spray paint. The authorities use it to mark parts of a crime scene where evidence was.

Redliner said:
thedguy said:
Atleast these guys were enjoying their cars rather than putting them in car shows or pulling them in and out of the garages to watch them be washed by some servant.
Agreed...
I was gonna say that too, Thank God these things are getting run.
 

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
DONOR
Joined
May 19, 2005
Messages
22,611
Location
Lamp
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
No Boss said:
Redliner said:
Really, what are those red and orange patches?
That's just marking/spray paint. The authorities use it to mark parts of a crime scene where evidence was.
Thank you! :)
 

Lurch0001

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2005
Messages
683
Location
Sydney, Australia
Car(s)
German car & British bike
Why does there seem to be so many wrecked Enzos around? I mean, you don't see that many C-GTs or SLRs being trashed....
 

Ianspeed

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2005
Messages
731
Location
California, USA
Car(s)
2008 Mazda Rx-8 Sport
Wow. Agreed with the others who say they should be driven.... to *distruction*!!! Oh, sorry. :p So, where is the Enzo left widget?

399 - what 4 now?

Actually, thats a neat idea. Supercar count widget. All the supercars, and how many are left.
 

matt_shaw

Just another .ca?
Joined
May 15, 2005
Messages
1,399
Location
Prince Rupert, British Columbia
Re: Another one bites the dust

Lurch0001 said:
Why does there seem to be so many wrecked Enzos around? I mean, you don't see that many C-GTs or SLRs being trashed....
Most people that own Enzos actually seem to drive them, which is a good thing :D


C53A_4G63T said:
He is refusing pain medication because he thinks he needs to be punished!
Now that's something I can respect.
 
Top