Another SUV from a sports car maker - Aston Martin DBX

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Mazda MX-5 NB ringmeet fashion accessory
https://www.astonmartin.com/models/dbx

Just why? IMHO they made the same mistake as Porsche did with the first gen Cayenne: taking the design elements of the old (front) and the new Vantage (rear) and just stretch it vertically...

Yes, mistakes like the Cayenne, which didn't sell at all :roll:

...now that I've look at it, the front is fine - but the rear end? :puke:

I wonder what Aston did to have such shitty timing. I can't think of a worse time to launch an expensive luxury SUV that an at the dawn of the next great global recession.

That's absolutely revolting. Aston Martin will be unable to build enough of them.

I wonder what Aston did to have such shitty timing. I can't think of a worse time to launch an expensive luxury SUV that an at the dawn of the next great global recession.

Only last year receive Lawrence stroll's 200m$ to be finally able to finish this thing?

I must say that I'm positively surprised at how well the Aston Martin design cues translated to an SUV. It actually looks good, I did not expect that. The only weird thing is that duck tail looking rear end borrowed from the current V8 Vantage. That looks out of place here.

As pointed out above, the timing is pretty bad. They are going to sell whatever they can make of these, and then some, but I still think that there is another significant problem with this, and it is not going to save Aston Martin. It is way too late to the party. There is fashionably late, and then there is stupidly late, this is in the latter category. Had this arrived 10 years ago, it would have been only fashionably late but made a big dent in the market and carried Aston Martin ahead. But now, with tighter and tighter emission regulations and electrification being exponentially more important every year, and the fact that it's up against very tough rivals, I think Aston Martin is going to have a very hard time.