Anthony Bourdain

Rewatched his El Bulli thing today, followed by some interweb browsing of the recent stuff they've come up with there.

MUST. GET. TABLE. AT. EL BULLI. NOW!

After reading a couple of reviews about The Fat Duck, it isn't that incredible either. Seems like Heston is stuck in a bubble and keep serving the same food over and over, compared to other restaurants who change their menu all the time.

I'll reserve my final say or judgement before I eat there though. At the moment I feel inadequate to the task anyway. Need to do it in babysteps, so I'll give it some time.

And oh:

Last Visited July 1999

Food has evolved a lot since then... :p

Last edited:
gah stupid DVR not auto recording no reservations... hate hate hate... downloading Lost Manhattan now...

Interesting to hear about Fat Duck... on one hand i want to go to a resturant and get that thing i had last time which is impossible at some of these places but at the same time the same stuff over and over is no good... a truly great chef knows how to walk that line between innovation and sticking with what makes the people happy.

New week, new episode. Sri Lanka this time. Overall it was okey I guess, but lacked some 'sparkle'.

That episode was kinda disappointing. He basically just ate a different kind of curry for each meal.

yeah i get the feeling like that fixer guy was really kinda half assed...

Saw the Vietnam episode last night. It was another of the soulful episodes for sure.

finally getting disappearing manhattan and the veitnam special now as we speak... I really hate the way they always cut off him talking during the credits

where are you getting the scene rips from? i am getting my rips from GOAT on piratebay

Great episode, that banh mi looked like it could kick my ass. Shame that Madame Gao (sp.) passed on, she seemed like a great woman. You could really tell that Tony was crushed by it.

where are you getting the scene rips from? i am getting my rips from GOAT on piratebay

scenetorrents

...but you can get the scene rips from mininova aswell. Look for a groupe called sys, they've done all the ones from this season atleast.

ok nice... i was gonna say i was SOL unless you have a invite kicking around

it's cool about the invite i would have been amazed if you actually had one. The FTP idea is a good one i think.

Spent the next few days of travel, most for one night stand speaking gigs, feeling particularly sorry for myself. Shecky Green's World Tour. Lemme tell you, by the time the movie got around to introducing Randy's agonizingly dysfunctional relationship with his estranged daughter, I was ready to throw a belt over the shower head. So it's very good timing that the next episode of NO RESERVATIONS -- and the last new one of Season 5 (part #1) is shot in Viet Nam. (season 5 part #2 episodes will continue this summer).

FYI

http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Anthony_Bourdain/No_Reservations_Episode_Guide

* Chile (premieres July 13)

Inspired by its natural diversity, Chile's cuisine consists of beef, pork, seafood, fruits and vegetables. While in Chile, Tony will visit Santiago; a small town in the Corrico Valley; Patagonia; and the Chilean coast.

* Australia (premieres July 20)

Melbourne is Australia's second-most populated city and its cultural capital. It's a real melting pot, and Tony is off to discover what makes the Melbourne area so special. Luckily, many of Tony's friends live in Melbourne, and they take him to sample the city's many different cuisines.

* Rust Belt (premieres July 27)

In the bleak, cold winter, Tony meets up with his good friend Zamir and the two travel to the heart of America's Rust Belt with stops in Baltimore, Detroit and Buffalo. After visiting this misunderstood region, Tony realizes that it's not just home to auto factories and cold weather, but it's also full of kind people and delicious food.

* On the Street (premieres August 3)

* San Francisco (premieres August 10)

* Thailand (premieres August 17)

* Rockies (premieres August 24)

* Burning Questions (premieres August 31)

* New York Outer Boroughs (premieres September 7)

* Sardinia (premieres September 14)

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Last edited:
As much as I like the food culture in NY, I think there's way too many episodes done there.