Any other fans of the the 80s angulat look?

subaru-xt-turbo-coupe-01.jpg

The yellow car looks too much like a Chevy Monza in the front.

Are you sick? I thought you loved all fox platforms and varieties.

Possibly, but the SVOs have been getting steadily more expensive. Which is a bit odd as there doesn't seem to be the broad appeal that the 5.0 cars have. :dunno:

But they were built in limited numbers to begin with so that should increase the value to collectors I'd assume.

22418660001_large.jpg

My nomination for 80's angular period.
Built from 83-88, but the aero body style (my Favorite) was only two years 87-88 before switching from Fox to MN-12.

If I could ever find a decent one I would love to restore as it was my 1st car (purchased with my own earnings) as mine was destroyed by my friend "looking" for a job.

Last edited:
7645402272_3bde387732_z.jpg

Don't know which one I prefer.

If going by looks along, 288 all day any day.

Some of these I love, some of these I hate. I have a Camaro, and it's definitely in this category, but I think it's one of the best looking American cars of the 80's. But I think the Japanese 80's cars looked much better on occasion. Some of the RX-7's, Celica Supras, AE86's, etc, all looked really, really nice. Dont get me started on the F40.

The Some of the early 90's sports cars were some of the prettiest ever made I think, though. XJR-15, FC RX-7, I even like the mid 90's Mustangs a lot (especially towards 96-97). But somewhere along the way they all just got super ugly in the past 15 years. Modern sports cars just look ridiculous to me. Maybe it's a product of my youth but I just dont think most modern sports/hyper/super cars are proportioned well.

Last edited: