Any Retro Gamers Here? By Retro I mean frikkin' Prehistoric!! 5.25" Prehistoric!!!

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Any Retro Gamers Here? By Retro I mean frikkin' Prehistoric!! 5.25" Prehistoric!!!

OK, so for those who don't know this year has been a bit of an up and down one....

I changed career and had a couple of false starts but on the plus side met an amazing lady. She runs one of the charity (thrift) stores for our local hospice for the terminally ill.

Anyhoo when the last job went tits up I started volunteering there as it seemed like a great way to stay out of mischief and boost the resume...

And as you can imagine all sorts of weird and wonderful stuff gets donated.

Last week we got a real doozy. A completely mint, unused (I mean like aside from fading on the box everything is as it left the factory unused) copy of Flight of the Intruder for IBM PC on 5.25" floppy complete with a copy of the novel, instructions and the works....

The shop can't sell it, their eBay Dept won't even look at it so I grabbed it before it went into the trash.

I could list it on eBay myself but since doing some voluntary work I've become somewhat more altruistic so....

If anyone here knows anyone for whom this would be an awesome thing, or indeed if you want it for yourself, please PM me. You cover shipping but the game itself is free.

Unless we meet at some point ever in which case a beer would be nice! :D

Don't we have a member who owns a museum of classic PC's, he will definitely take an interest.

I hope so. Far better it end up there than in the hands of some random internet nerd with no friends who lives in his parents' basement.....

Wait! Wut?

You may be thinking of CrzRsn's dad who has the classic computer museum.

You may be thinking of CrzRsn's dad who has the classic computer museum.

Yes, that's exactly who I am thinking about. CrzRsn? CrzRsn, please pick up the white courtesy phone.

Pre 2 and mid to late 90's... Good times...

[video=youtube;GW-wRuiev4s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW-wRuiev4s[/video]

Also this, one of my all time favs:

Last edited:
Pfft floppys are for kids! Cassette tapes is where its at!

Found the Commodore user!

I do have a retro game collection, but it's pretty much all console stuff, ie NES, SNES, Genesis/MegaDrive, N64, PS1 and PS2, ETC. It's mostly PS2 as you can still find them in charity shops and at garages for reasonable prices.

7EWJcMy.jpg

9heTgyp.jpg

GPXLi1i.jpg

Cassette tapes? I got stacks of punch cards that need to be put back in the proper order. :p

I have games on tape, disk, disc, and cartridge. I haven't played most of them in years, and I should really find the right nerd for them.

Ashens has done a lot of videos from the centre for computing history, maybe somewhere that would appreciate it for one of their working exhibits. :)

http://www.computinghistory.org.uk/

I have games on tape, disk, disc, and cartridge. I haven't played most of them in years, and I should really find the right nerd for them.
Some of that might be worth listing on ebay, a lot of the games for the original Nintendo and Super Nintendo are worth at least a few bucks, and some of them are worth quit a bit of money.

I don't have much of what I would consider popular systems or games. I currently have an Odyssey II, a TI 99, a pair of Color Computers. I have games for all of those, plus a few odd ball things that were left with me, or given to me.

I looked at the value on a few sites, and even called a guy with an ad come and make an offer. Neither was much, nor that I expect a huge payout.