Any "ricers" here?

1 - Fair fail.
2 - Ricers generally aren't "n00bs" if you have the spare money to do so.
3 - This thread is about those stuff yeah, so what? I asked for people to help me?
P.S This isn't about stickers, woopsy.
4 - I am not a ricer. Yes I did come in here looking for another persons contribution, why have you even come into this thread if you have nothing to add but negativity?
5 - So you're claiming that everybody on this forum has nothing better to do? Wow...
6 - You admitted to it earlier.
2 - if they weren't n00bs, they'd spend their money on something worthwhile ;)
3 - you asked for our opinions and you got them - no one here is into ricing (aka spoilers, bodykits, etc)
4 - I added my opinion. Isn't that what you were asking for?
5 - Probably true :lol:
6 - I admitted to following this thread...

Since it was leaking fluids all over the place, it was illegal for me to keep it in my driveway, and the tow yard was charging me $75 per day to keep it there. So I called my local junkyard and they gave me a check for $200 and hauled the car away.

I really wanted to part her out, but at the same time, I didn't have the time to do it (I was still in high school at the time), and I also didn't want to pay $75 per day.

As soon as I have some extra money to space (and I can find one), I'm going to get my [reasonable] dream car - a 1995 Volvo 850 T5-R wagon (in Volvo's famous cream yellow). The only modification I will do it it, is put a pair of prancing moose stickers on the front quarter panels... just like this
https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2010/08/24/prancingmooseGOLD-600x450.jpg

Last edited:
2 - if they weren't n00bs, they'd spend their money on something worthwhile ;)
3 - you asked for our opinions and you got them - no one here is into ricing (aka spoilers, bodykits, etc)
4 - I added my opinion. Isn't that what you were asking for?
5 - Probably true :lol:
6 - I admitted to following this thread...

2 - If it's something there interested in, then what's wrong with it? It's their money. Not really "n00bs."
3 - I didn't expect this to be frowned upon as it on this forum, I now know.
4 - I wasn't asking for an opinion of your kind, no.
5 - Well, welldone, insulting everyone, woo go you.
6 - You have been on most of my previous threads when I have been looking for help and slated me before.

Since it was leaking fluids all over the place, it was illegal for me to keep it in my driveway, and the tow yard was charging me $75 per day to keep it there. So I called my local junkyard and they gave me a check for $200 and hauled the car away.

I really wanted to part her out, but at the same time, I didn't have the time to do it (I was still in high school at the time), and I also didn't want to pay $75 per day.

Hmm i'm guessing that would be around ?50 a day, I simply wouldn't be able to afford, and wouldn't let my parents pay it, suppose you made the right choice.
I've took cars appart before with my Dad and sold the part on ebay, but it's just time consuming and when your 15-18, it's just not something you want to do instead of going out with friends etc..

it's just not something you want to do instead of going out with friends etc..

Bingo. So save your money. Keep your car stock, and spend money on going out with friends. I hung out a lot this summer, and going out every weekend gets expensive. Why spend money on pointless, stupid looking bodykits and spoilers that will get you laughed at, when you could spend money on going out.

Bingo. So save your money. Keep your car stock, and spend money on going out with friends. I hung out a lot this summer, and going out every weekend gets expensive. Why spend money on pointless, stupid looking bodykits and spoilers that will get you laughed at, when you could spend money on going out.

You do have a point.

I feel so special at this moment in time. Ha.

Actually I was referring to FG members, ganging up on a new guy every now and then makes them feel special, apparently.

Like I said, saving your money is the best thing to do, but I'm guessing that you're young and sometimes young people have to learn the hard way. I'm still learning the hard way and I'm an old fart.

2 - If it's something there interested in, then what's wrong with it? It's their money. Not really "n00bs."
3 - I didn't expect this to be frowned upon as it on this forum, I now know.
4 - I wasn't asking for an opinion of your kind, no.
5 - Well, welldone, insulting everyone, woo go you.
6 - You have been on most of my previous threads when I have been looking for help and slated me before.

2 - You still don't get it
3 - In that case, combined with your awnser to point 2 I can only conclude that your a monumental dimwit.
4 - Only wanting to hear wat you would like to hear is usually a sure indication of nr 3
5 - We have lots of better things to do, but ripping on 17 year olds wanting to rice a Ka is so much more fun.
6 - All your threads are basicly the same, "lolz I want to chav ups my bitching ka yo, tho impress the ladiezzzzz" so yeah, laughing at morons never gets old, so we (as in , people like LeVeL and myself) follow your brainfarts closely, your kind doesn't tend to last long anyway.

One point, on a hatchback a small roof spoiler actually makes sense, as it cleans the airflow over the back of the car resulting in significantly less drag (and a cleaner rear window). The again, with a 20 quid spoiler I doubt it'll do anythin but fall off and cause hazardous situations. With car modifications you either do it right with quality stuff or you don't do it all. It's still a car, capable of seriously hurting people if bits fall off or fail in another manner.

2 - You still don't get it
3 - In that case, combined with your awnser to point 2 I can only conclude that your a monumental dimwit.
4 - Only wanting to hear wat you would like to hear is usually a sure indication of nr 3
5 - We have lots of better things to do, but ripping on 17 year olds wanting to rice a Ka is so much more fun.
6 - All your threads are basicly the same, "lolz I want to chav ups my bitching ka yo, tho impress the ladiezzzzz" so yeah, laughing at morons never gets old, so we (as in , people like LeVeL and myself) follow your brainfarts closely, your kind doesn't tend to last long anyway.

2 - I do get it.
3 - You're calling me a "monumental dimwit" for coming on a car forum looking for a little help?
4 - I asked for help not to be slated, as I have said many times, if I wanted to be abused I would've done something else.
5 - I don't see that as a "better thing to do with your time," do you not have friends?
6 - I've made another thread similar to this ages ago, asking what the opinions were of my Ka and if they had any suggestions.
7 - You're really boring me, seriously get something to consume your time.

Reactions: MWF
2 - I do get it.
3 - You're calling me a "monumental dimwit" for coming on a car forum looking for a little help?
4 - I asked for help not to be slated, as I have said many times, if I wanted to be abused I would've done something else.
5 - I don't see that as a "better thing to do with your time," do you not have friends?
6 - I've made another thread similar to this ages ago, asking what the opinions were of my Ka and if they had any suggestions.
7 - You're really boring me, seriously get something to consume your time.

You came here, asked for some help, and then having found out that none of us here are into modding and therefore are unable to offer you any assistance yet you persist in trying to antagonise people and flame their opinions.

You have been given what is, in the main, sensible advice. If you spend ?1000 modifying a Ford Ka you won't ever get that money back at resale and if you make a hash of it people are likely to think you are a tit. Spend ?50 on some quality cleaning products and a weekend with some elbow grease polishing and cleaning it back to as close to showroom as you can, rather than trolling this forum. Maybe stick some second hand refurbished rims on it if you must, but other than that save your money and spend it on getting out and having fun or just save it to put towards something interesting once you've built up some no claims bonus and are a bit older.

And finally, in the words of Bricktop, "Now fuck off!"

I think this thread has about run dry now and is just turning into a pointless argument that is boring us too. You made a thread before and we gave you our opinions, you're obviously set on this idea so go on and do it. You missed the meaning of his #5 anyway, he doesn't class 'ripping 17 year olds' a something better to do and how you came to the conclusion that FG are rice-fans I'll never know.

Can we have a lock now please?

...yet you persist in trying to antagonise people and flame their opinions.

lol. Pot, kettle.

He did get some good advice in the end. Here's some more, spend your money on a stereo (unless where you live is anywhere like my hometown, where kids smashed their way into my unlocked car to steal a worthless stereo, multiple times), that way you have something relatively useful, your car will be a little more enjoyable and you can even pull it out when you sell it so you won't waste so much money.

lol. Pot, kettle.

99% of us weren't "antagonising" him from the get go, at worst we may have been having a collective chuckle at his expense, but nobody really went in, guns blazing, looking for a vicious reaction back. You may disagree with me on that, but I've seen much worse said to people on thse forums before. Yet none of the regulars ever seem to get warnings/bans, only the newer users who tend to be the ones to lash out with insults and name calling first. Wonder why???

And ok, here's some ind, friendly, "let's all give each other the unconditional support and affection that so obviously reflects the real world" advice OP- you ever watched "Wheeler Dealers?". Mod your car like they do. Have a specific look at the MX-5 episodes for what I see as simple, yet still tasteful and cheap mods/additions. More importantly, fix your car up to near showroom condition like others have said- good polish, vacuum, replace any perished/damaged parts and you will probably make a profit on your spending if you keep it nice and clean (and sell it within the next year or so, but it should still help value in the long run). That and the cops will not automatically start tailgating you everywhere you go wating for you to do something stupid and it will be more likely to impress girls- a guy who takes care of his car will impress me more than a guy who is a fan of sticking extra bits of plasic on it. Your car reflects you- keep it nice and tidy, but still a bit different and you will be fine.

I have some pics and videos that I can post up here of a friend's (former) car that was riced to the point where even his closest friends ridiculed him behind his back, and badly. He also used to get tailed by the cops over here for kilometres on end because he looked like the type thatwas drag racing at 3am in the morning. Also, he was breath tested at las 4 times I can remember whilst he had that ar- a space of 7 month. By comparison the rest of the drivers in our group- total of 11 have never been breath tested, and most of us have been driving (not including on our learner's permit) for about 2 years (none of us drive any sort of modded car, although a good amount of us are car enthusiasts)

There's no point in going for the "dragster/sportscar" look if you can't afford to a) buy a car that will suit the look and b) pay for the really good parts that look like they should have been on the car in the first place. Most people your's and my age's can', unless mummy and daddy pay for it as they did with so many kids I went to school with. Which I nthink is a stupid idea as those kids tend to not value the cars as expensive and near vital tools of life and crash them. But that's another issue entirely :lol:

Be glad the person who taught me to drive a manual (my uncle) didn't teach me the rest, My cousin robbie came over today to pick something up in the contour from my dad and apparently when they were doing repairs my uncle noticed the brakes weren't working so his solution?
Floor it and hit the brakes, in both directions, in the parking lot at autozone. D:

Well that's not true I like spoilers and body kits, I have a friend who is building his 240 and has a really nice and tasteful kit for it. But then he also has a built motor with a GT30 turbo, full rewiring (and wiretuck job), suspension (good one) and forged wheels along with some serious rubber to make sure it can handle. I wouldn't mind putting a widebody on my car as I seen some very nice ones but it's HOW you do it and what you do it to that makes a difference :)

Also I got some sick rimz y0 :p

Last edited:
there wouldn't be much point performance modding my Ka [...] you can't really make a Ka into anything majour.

Then there's no point in ricing up your car either. A slow car is a slow car. Full stop. A slow car with flames, checkered flags, pointless spoilers, aggressive looking bumpers or sideskirt and fartcans is a slow car screaming for attention, so it is already likely to put at least a smile of irony on the face of other people. A slow car riced with less than state-of-the-art pieces, craftsmanship and tastem, and not perfetly kept at any given time is just a ridiculous bunch of manure, or, as it is called here, carbage. Everybody will laugh, or be embarassed, except for people on whose opinion and car knowledge you shouldn't rely.

A modded car can only be cool when it goes really fast. The more fast it goes, the more it can display exagerations and cool things. A Ford Ka capable of leaving a Ferrari 430 behind on a bendy course could also have flaming skulls on the doors and naked women painted on the back windows. It'll still be cool; but a stock performing Ka would look silly with even as few as an aggressive looking headlight set.

An aggressive car HAS to be aggressive, otherwise it's just like a guy with a wooden leg walking around while screaming with blood-injected eyes and a face from hell: "I'M FAAAAAAAAAAAAAST!!!! AND I'M EVIIIIIIIL!!!!. You really can't decide if it's a dangerous or just a funny kind of mentally impaired person. Or, if you prefere, it's like a very ugly woman in her 70's trying yo be sexy by showing her thigh in a provoking way. Yes: ewww. It's the same for cars.

Also, take into account what women say they prefere... (aka look at the answers here) Who cares if your friends think your car is the best looking riced car around, if women are embarassed to get on it?
Please notice two more things. 1) that the most cool modifications to a car are usually strictly tied to performance (lightened car, bigger tyres, lowered suspension, right kind of spoiler, turbocharging), and you can mess everything up even with those things. 2) That the most cool cars rarely needs any of the things you would want to add to your car, because they have the performance parts they need already installed stock. If a car hasn't something, the reason is, mostly, it doesn't need it because it's not fast enough.

Oh, and don't forget that even car manufacturers can overdo. Factory carbage is just that, and you have to be humble and think thrice at least before deciding you have better taste and skills than manufacturers (aesthetic modifications mean just this).

I just want a bit of fun with my first car.

Brydie76 and other already told you. Forget sideskirts, spoilers, aggressive lloking, flags and the like: buy some cleaning and polishing products, spend time making your car shine, use your money repairing dented bits or scratched panels, make your car looking good, new, well maintained, shiny, clean, cared. Then You will be able to even think about some good wheels, some new lights, or even a small (SMALL!!!) sticker. But then you won't really need it because you will enjoy yourself by keeping the car good and the car will look so good you won't really need to improve it so much.

Last edited: