Any "ricers" here?

and.......in :p

More importantly, fix your car up to near showroom condition like others have said- good polish, vacuum, replace any perished/damaged parts and you will probably make a profit on your spending if you keep it nice and clean (and sell it within the next year or so, but it should still help value in the long run). That and the cops will not automatically start tailgating you everywhere you go wating for you to do something stupid and it will be more likely to impress girls- a guy who takes care of his car will impress me more than a guy who is a fan of sticking extra bits of plasic on it. Your car reflects you- keep it nice and tidy, but still a bit different and you will be fine.
If what you're interested in is impressing others, especially women, this is what to do. A well maintained, if not fun, car says, "I take care of things, I'm careful about what I do and I make things last, even if it's just a simple tool." And that's a very good thing.

brydie gives good advice. Show you're responsible and just take care of what you've been given. That'll impress both the girls and your parents. Heck, if you show you can take care of this one, who knows what your parents might get you later? Just don't crash it or get in any trouble trying to show off if you're gunning for "get me something else, please?"

Some cars DO look like trouble, unfortunately. Big flashy bits tacked on = less mercy if you get pulled over. I have a big puffy grannymobile and got pulled over once for being at the wrong place at the wrong time--specifically, going home via the road that tends to be used for drag racing. All I'd done was miss the sign that said it was a lot slower than I thought it was, and when I explained this to the cop, he let me off with a warning.

Now, think what might've happened there if I'd have tacked on a bunch of fast-looking bits to the Failtima. Aggressive-"Wheeeeeee!"-driving twenty-something + visual bits clearly not meant for a family sedan + on the bit of road known for street racing = "I didn't see the speed limit sign" suddenly becomes a lot less convincing. My puffalump fund would have probably been wiped out that night. Ouch.

Last edited:
Sell your car and buy ones of these: :p

1966_mg_midget_07_sb.jpg

The womens find it cute, and with a K-series swap (kits available) they will rape pretty much everything on the road (0-60 in under 5 seconds).

Sell your car and buy ones of these: :p

1966_mg_midget_07_sb.jpg

The womens find it cute, and with a K-series swap (kits available) they will rape pretty much everything on the road (0-60 in under 5 seconds).

But be warned you can only have one of these if you have a beard and drink warm brown beer with bits floating in it! :p

But be warned you can only have one of these if you have a beard and drink warm brown beer with bits floating in it! :p

So you own one? :p

:drums:

You'll want to avoid the owner clubs, over here the youngest members of MG clubs fought in the Civil War.

:lmao:

Presumably you are aware that the Rover K-series is a terrible engine that eats its way through head gaskets quicker than you can say 'head bolts'. My dad's Rover 400 1.4 is on it's fourth I think. Beautiful car though, no doubt about that.

American or English?

Zing.

:lmao:

Presumably you are aware that the Rover K-series is a terrible engine that eats its way through head gaskets quicker than you can say 'head bolts'. My dad's Rover 400 1.4 is on it's fourth I think. Beautiful car though, no doubt about that.

Heh well. They are cheap at least. :p

Last edited:
As a rule of thumb, any car, under any circumstances, should be as quick as it looks, if not quicker, but never look quicker than it is.

As a rule of thumb, any car, under any circumstances, should be as quick as it looks, if not quicker, but never look quicker than it is.

I was going to make a joke about the flames on yours but it seems to have become shiny and unflamed. I am jealous.

My mother never bought me that train set and I was very sad :(

Then there's no point in ricing up your car either. A slow car is a slow car. Full stop. A slow car with flames, checkered flags, pointless spoilers, aggressive looking bumpers or sideskirt and fartcans is a slow car screaming for attention, so it is already likely to put at least a smile of irony on the face of other people. A slow car riced with less than state-of-the-art pieces, craftsmanship and tastem, and not perfetly kept at any given time is just a ridiculous bunch of manure, or, as it is called here, carbage. Everybody will laugh, or be embarassed, except for people on whose opinion and car knowledge you shouldn't rely.

A modded car can only be cool when it goes really fast. The more fast it goes, the more it can display exagerations and cool things. A Ford Ka capable of leaving a Ferrari 430 behind on a bendy course could also have flaming skulls on the doors and naked women painted on the back windows. It'll still be cool; but a stock performing Ka would look silly with even as few as an aggressive looking headlight set.

An aggressive car HAS to be aggressive, otherwise it's just like a guy with a wooden leg walking around while screaming with blood-injected eyes and a face from hell: "I'M FAAAAAAAAAAAAAST!!!! AND I'M EVIIIIIIIL!!!!. You really can't decide if it's a dangerous or just a funny kind of mentally impaired person. Or, if you prefere, it's like a very ugly woman in her 70's trying yo be sexy by showing her thigh in a provoking way. Yes: ewww. It's the same for cars.

Also, take into account what women say they prefere... (aka look at the answers here) Who cares if your friends think your car is the best looking riced car around, if women are embarassed to get on it?
Please notice two more things. 1) that the most cool modifications to a car are usually strictly tied to performance (lightened car, bigger tyres, lowered suspension, right kind of spoiler, turbocharging), and you can mess everything up even with those things. 2) That the most cool cars rarely needs any of the things you would want to add to your car, because they have the performance parts they need already installed stock. If a car hasn't something, the reason is, mostly, it doesn't need it because it's not fast enough.

Oh, and don't forget that even car manufacturers can overdo. Factory carbage is just that, and you have to be humble and think thrice at least before deciding you have better taste and skills than manufacturers (aesthetic modifications mean just this).

Brydie76 and other already told you. Forget sideskirts, spoilers, aggressive lloking, flags and the like: buy some cleaning and polishing products, spend time making your car shine, use your money repairing dented bits or scratched panels, make your car looking good, new, well maintained, shiny, clean, cared. Then You will be able to even think about some good wheels, some new lights, or even a small (SMALL!!!) sticker. But then you won't really need it because you will enjoy yourself by keeping the car good and the car will look so good you won't really need to improve it so much.

Truth.

And besides...think about it:

Have you ever personally seen a car....ANY car that was originally a cheap beginners car, maxed out with every Pep-Boys sale item in the store...that didn't look like a cheap beginners car that was maxed out with cheap ass crap?

You want to have fun with it? Great....then go and have fun with it. Treat is as any other 17 year old would. Drive the crap out of it. Run it into the ground and do bad things to it.

Then when you can afford a better car later, it'll all be out of your system. :)

I think I love the EF chassis and that most people greatly underestimate how awesome they can be in pretty much any kind of racing.

Also not to be pedant but you just posted a honda civic hatch not a CR-X.

This is a CR-X
SCCASoloCRXSi.JPG

same chassis different bodies

Last edited: