Any "ricers" here?

What Adu said.

And I had a CRX years ago. I loved it. Went like the proverbial even without any mods.

Is that the Civic with yellow lights?

If so, it made a GLORIOUS FREAKING NOISE on Sunday.

Wouldn't have the stickers on the road, but I'm assuming that's taken at some event or somesuch, so they're fine. It's pretty tastefully done, IMHO. Even the yellow headlamps (if it is what I think it is) sort of seemed to work--probably because the rest was just black and white, and with those bars on the inside, I have to doubt it gets too much road use. I find funny-colored headlamps SO annoying on the road--blue much more so than yellow, though. Otherwise it's a pretty plain little white hatchback.

Goes like stink = instant win, IMHO. The more something goes like stink, the less I tend to care about looks.

Last edited:
If the owners of those stickers pay him to have them on, then it's okay. Putting brandnames on your car because it's "cool" is lame imho.

What Adu said (x2)

A race car is a completely different league. Its major role is to go fast. Whatever helps it go faster is pretty much okay. If those stickers are the way the owner raise funds to make the car go faster, then they're ok.

Is that Civic competitive in its class? If yes, only minor things can be wrong about it.

Is that the Civic with yellow lights?

If so, it made a GLORIOUS FREAKING NOISE on Sunday.

Wouldn't have the stickers on the road, but I'm assuming that's taken at some event or somesuch, so they're fine. It's pretty tastefully done, IMHO. Even the yellow headlamps (if it is what I think it is) sort of seemed to work--probably because the rest was just black and white, and with those bars on the inside, I have to doubt it gets too much road use. I find funny-colored headlamps SO annoying on the road--blue much more so than yellow, though. Otherwise it's a pretty plain little white hatchback.

Goes like stink = instant win, IMHO. The more something goes like stink, the less I tend to care about looks.
Sounds like that wasn't it. I don't see any signs of this particular car being at the event on Sunday... It's also definitely not the most powerful Civic that shows up at Spokes.

If the owners of those stickers pay him to have them on, then it's okay. Putting brandnames on your car because it's "cool" is lame imho.

^That.

It's not competitive in its class at autocross. It fact, it'll be beat by cars in a "lesser" class.

what class is it running in? I assume things have changed a lot but back in 2001-2002 the EF chassis used kill in street touring

As yall are mostly on to me at this point I'll give in.

This isn't an autocross car, but it is a car built for a specific purpose. This Civic was built for One Lap of America. It's an event when one car, with two drivers, drives to various tracks around the country and participates in events at the tracks. Cars are ranked based on the competitive events and on how they get to the events. As the cars are driving on the street, they pretty much have to be street legal. There aren't classes - it's just "everyone go run." The cars get no traveling support - everything you need for the entire event has to fit in your one car. New supercars are often brought, some getting priority service at dealerships as needed to keep them on the road.

This Civic had as much weight stripped out of it as the drivers (husband and wife, racers for decades) could stand. It has significant suspension improvements, an engine swap (220hp), etc., etc. The stickers on the car are either required by the event or relate to the car in some way. I doubt the drivers received money for any of the stickers, but they did receive free track time, free/discounted labor, free/discounted parts, etc., etc.

The car placed 10th overall in the OneLap event, beating many, many supercars. I've shared track space with the car - I was driving a GT3 RS on R-compounds at the time, the Civic was on its own R-Compounds. I had to work hard to catch that Civic. We cornered at about the same pace, and I had just a bit more acceleration than him. I don't have the skill of the Civic's driver, but still... A very impressive car.

what class is it running in? I assume things have changed a lot but back in 2001-2002 the EF chassis used kill in street touring
I'm not sure if its engine is a Honda engine still. If it is, the car would probably be in EP. If it's not, it'll be in XP. Either way, this particular car will be beat by an SM2 (er, sorry, now SSM) RX-7 that lives in our area.

I'm not sure if its engine is a Honda engine still. If it is, the car would probably be in EP. If it's not, it'll be in XP. Either way, this particular car will be beat by an SM2 (er, sorry, now SSM) RX-7 that lives in our area.
I'm willing to bet that it has a Honda engine. B18 or K20, if I had to guess. Its a hell of a lot of work to put a non-Honda unit into a Honda and its not really worth it - Honda motors have a lot of potential.

This Civic was built for One Lap of America. It's an event when one car, with two drivers, drives to various tracks around the country and participates in events at the tracks.
:blink: Holy mother of Fluffy Bunny, that sounds like fun.

Weird thread with progression from lame to awesome.

What I find really funny about the "tuning" scene is the fascination about putting colossal speakers in the back of small cars.
super-speakers-493x383-custom.jpg

YEEEEAHH!!!

:lmao:

Presumably you are aware that the Rover K-series is a terrible engine that eats its way through head gaskets quicker than you can say 'head bolts'. My dad's Rover 400 1.4 is on it's fourth I think. Beautiful car though, no doubt about that.

that's because it doens't have any :lol:

long rods running from the head to the carter :lmao:

How about this, is this rice?

IMG_3206.jpg

IMG_3202.jpg

That's not rice, that's tinfoil.......:think:and on a CR-X, (wich was the typical 'ricer' car over here when I was the ricing age).......its strangely awesome :|

I need a beer.

As yall are mostly on to me at this point I'll give in.

This isn't an autocross car, but it is a car built for a specific purpose. This Civic was built for One Lap of America. [...]

So not only it does race, it is also mostly privately funded, the driver has to drive all the way to the track and it's fast. That car could have all the stickers of the world (as long as they serve the sponsoring purpose) and it will always remain as brilliant as it is!

Holy mother of Fluffy Bunny

:lol:

Most of those are contingencies, which means he gets money/goodies if he does well (which he does quite often). A couple of those are series-mandated stickers, and it isn't uncommon to give some space to whatever companies make the safety equipment you use, too.

4834374910_be4526ea52_b.jpg

That's my car this year. The two big ones are contingencies, and the rest are series-required stickers.

It's not competitive in its class at autocross. It fact, it'll be beat by cars in a "lesser" class.
If the person who owns that car is who I think it is, I don't think he's much worried about that specific car's competitiveness in autocross. :lol:

Last edited: