Anybody want a shirt? - Merch discussion for Ringmeet #10

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Skoda Octavia & Fabia
As to not clog up the Ringmeet thread, we'll discuss potential shirt and caps ideas in this thread.

SHIRTS
So, the idea is to have a single shirt design available to commemorate the 10th Ringmeet.

You can leave your potential ideas and if you're up to it, designs, for the shirts here.
But, I'd like to keep it simple, Ringmeet logo on the front, put in '2016' or the number 10 in some form somewhere, and then something funny, fg and of course, rinmeet related.
Also, the FG logo, put it on, keep it off? I bet it would look cool on the sleeve for instance :)
To keep the costs and complications down, I think 1 color for the text and everything would be enough.

I'll check out some things, see if embroidered text is possible and what the prices are. Or would people prefer just plain print?

CAPS

Classic baseball caps, with embroided logos and whatever we'd like.
I was thinking keep this just FG,, logo on the front and finalgear.com on the strap. Or if people are interested slap a Ringmeet logo on it instead and the FG logo on the side.
Multiple options are possible, people do all kids of stuff on caps.
Like with the shirts, your ideas and designs are wellcome!

Now, I wanted to deal with only the caps, but I guess I can ask around for the shirts too, when we decide on the design.
If someone is willing to invest time in this and thinks they could find a good deal, please, be my guest. I'm not excluding myself, but this could turn out to be a
big task and I just don't want to promise things and then not have the time to do them. I've done something like it before for around, I dunno, 50ish people, ugh...
(though we had nicknames on some shirts, it wasn't as easy as just printing xx number) _:)
I know there's stuff like redbubble and other online shirt shops, but those are usually 20 dollars per shirt, this could and should be under 10 per shirt.
This reffers to hand to hand delivery at ringmeet, people from farther away could use said websites I guess, or have someone mail the stuff to them ;)

So, let's see what you've got, and what you're interested in!

I'm in for a shirt and a cap, and I'm also for keeping it simple.

My suggestions:
  • Shirt: "10 years of Ringmeet" logo of some kind (Ring silhouette, FG shifter inside, "10 years" or something below it) on the front, small on the upper left; Ringmeet logo (like on our banner) and some kind of witty list or text on the back
  • Cap: FinalGear shifter on the front

I'm in for a shirt and cap.

Suggestion:

Since most of us act like 10 year old kids you could work that in a pun like "10 year old in the Ring" or something. I'm not good with jokes.

I like the idea of embroidered as it'll last longer than any printed shirt but cost will no doubt be the main factor there.

Since most of us act like 10 year old kids

Too high. :p Depends on how the drink's flowing I suppose.

This sounds like a good idea, I vaguely recall it being mentioned last year.
Seconding DanRoM's suggestion for logo on the front, witty list thing on the back.

As for the 'witty' stuff, I'd like a checkbox with /10. So like in grade form, but how many times one has taken part.

" /10. Would recommend" or something of that sort.

Well, again: As long as it's available in 5XL, I'm all up for it ;)

Why? Sijmply make the writing white.

I think there's a little confusion, when I first read the idea I imagined that the check boxes would just be an outline. Correct me if I'm wrong.

My two cents.... And agreeing with Adu on keeping it simple.

Caps - classic Ringmeet logo (FG shifter inside Ring outline) on the front and RINGMEET in the usual font embroidered on the rear strap so no caps with those crappy plastic closures on them.
I know a lot of people here like black but I'm not a fan and introducing colour could lead to all sorts of arguments so my suggestion, which I think will look really classy, is darkish grey with the embroidery in a silver thread.

Shirts - I would vote for simple. Ringmeet logo on the front over left "breast". Across the back RINGMEET X (or 10) and in smaller text underneath "Standing Around Doing Nothing Since 2007". I think checkboxes and whatnot are just making things too complicated. Keep the design in white or pale grey and offer the choice of black, dark grey or navy blue for the shirts themselves.

Anyone feel like mocking those ideas up for me since I don't have the necessary skills?

I've always found that logos over a breast, make those of us with breasts look silly. :-|

Last edited:
Yeah but I'm prepared to look a bit silly for a decent shirt design. Ice is too. :D

Caps - classic Ringmeet logo (FG shifter inside Ring outline) on the front and RINGMEET in the usual font embroidered on the rear strap so no caps with those crappy plastic closures on them.
I know a lot of people here like black but I'm not a fan and introducing colour could lead to all sorts of arguments so my suggestion, which I think will look really classy, is darkish grey with the embroidery in a silver thread.

Shirts - I would vote for simple. Ringmeet logo on the front over left "breast". Across the back RINGMEET X (or 10) and in smaller text underneath "Standing Around Doing Nothing Since 2007". I think checkboxes and whatnot are just making things too complicated. Keep the design in white or pale grey and offer the choice of black, dark grey or navy blue for the shirts themselves.

Anyone feel like mocking those ideas up for me since I don't have the necessary skills?

approved. would buy.
:thumbsup:

Good suggestions! If someone would be so kind as to mock that up, thanks ;)

All the things

Is anyone actually going to mock up anything for us to see?

Last edited: