Anybody want a shirt? - Merch discussion for Ringmeet #10

Okay, let's get down to bussiness.

Shirts will be made in Croatia, and the price per shirt is 8,00 euro.
You know what you ordered, I hope :)

Do I just post my paypal email here? that doesn't feel like the safest option :D

Paypal does take a bit of a fee I think, but I'm not sure in what case and how much for which amount.
If I'm low on cash I'll just go around the campsite with a straw hat :D

Caps will probably not be made, since only around 10 people are interested, and I can't find a place that would do such a small quantity. :(
Still working on it though and I'll let you know. If I do manage, we can sort that out at ringmeet.

A friend of mine has a vendor for hats - last I heard they made hats on demand for about $15 each. I can check with them if its on demand after X made or from the start.

I can probably get the hats done here for smaller quantities. I still have contacts for that kind of things from my previous life.

:thumbsup:

Do I just post my paypal email here? that doesn't feel like the safest option :D
You could send the payment information via PM to the people who ordered. Not everyone checks the thread all the time, I guess.

Also, since Croatia is a member of SEPA, a direct wire transfer would also be easy for most European members, and it avoids PayPal.

You could send the payment information via PM to the people who ordered. Not everyone checks the thread all the time, I guess.

Also, since Croatia is a member of SEPA, a direct wire transfer would also be easy for most European members, and it avoids PayPal.

Yeah, will do that ;)

ok, PM's sent! Let's get this over with ASAP, I've got 2 weeks till my vacation, won't be able to do much then. Well, that's a lie, I can order by email. :mrgreen: But still, vacations are for relaxing :p

Last edited:
Done through PayPal, because silly bankers.

AvinATurkish.JPG

Typical fees. :rofl: Well isn't that just typical.

Yup, one of the achievements of the bloody tyranny that is the EU, is that you can transfer money via a bank for no cost in the Eurozone :p

I'm not going to try and claim that we didn't screw ourselves over on that one, I'm just not bloody paying it. :lol:

Yeah, my bank kindly takes 1euro for every transaction I recieved. Gotta bring my hat :D
So, that makes PayPal the better option then? Because within the EU, they claim not to charge any fees.
Gotta wonder about your bank, though. Probably because non-Euro country...

Last edited:
It's going to be cheapest for me to get a ?10 note and just mail it to you.

Or just give you ?10 in person at Ringmeet if you can manage that then the banks get sod all out of us and you make 25% interest on a one month loan.

Last edited:
It's going to be cheapest for me to get a ?10 note and just mail it to you.

Or just give you ?10 in person at Ringmeet if you can manage that then the banks get sod all out of us and you make 25% interest on a one month loan.

Haha, yeah, okay, I can spare a euro here and there. I would have been happiest paing for it out of pocket, but it's too much for me at once.

It would seem that way, yes. No fees taken yet when recieving through PP. They will take a bite when withdrawing though, but I think not as much, and the ammount will be bigger.

The way I think about that is you can use the PayPal balance without having to withdraw it against an eBay purchase or whatever. :)

Have sent via paypal, only had to pay 1,17? i fees for 3 shirts \o/