Anyone Ever Spent Time Fixing Up 8-tracks?

Nabster

Has Slutty Mustangs
Car(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe, 2019 Mustang GT, 2011 F150
If you have you'd know how that old foam gets. It's deteriorated to the point to push on it and it liquefies into a sticky sludge. Not exactly fun to clean up and replace, though it isn't difficult once you figure out how the cart opens.

They're actually quite an interesting thing to take apart and learn how they work- it's one long piece of magnetic tape, stuck together at both ends with a piece of foil tape that conducts over two sensors in the player which tells it to move the head down to the next two lines of audio (the famous clunk sound).

You get a good player and they sound fantastic. Doobie Brothers, Peter Frampton, The Beatles, Simon and Garfunkel... it goes on. Hoping to find a few more gems at garage sales this weekend.

I think you're out of your mind if you think any 8 Track sounds good. That being said, I've had an 8 Track in my room for a long long long time. It's in an old stereo my dad gave me some years ago. It came in handy for the very... unorthadox way I had my entertainment center put together.