Anyone here still into cartoons?

vikiradTG2007

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Working on it
And no, I'm not talking about some of the rubbish they're churning out today, I'm talking about those old cartoons which I'm sure most of us know and love.

I've just gone Tom and Jerry mad again. It's impossible not to laugh at what's going on there, whatever age you may have. Some of these animated shorts will probably remain landmarks of animation comedy for ever.

I've almost finished downloading Johnny Bravo, and I have Reboot and Earthworm Jim torrents. Not quite as old or timeless as Tom and Jerry, but definitely should appeal to the FG masses.

US
Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck and Road Runner FTW. "It would have worked but for you pesky kids!" Scoooby Doo.
Secret Squirrel, Flintstones, Huckleberry Hound, The Banana Splits "Size of an Elephant!"

UK:
Danger Mouse:

[YOUTUBE]cnx9K0wXuQU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]pjw2JshcIT4[/YOUTUBE]

Not strictly "cartoons" but the stuff produced by the late Oliver Postgate:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_Postgate

Noggin the Nog, Ivor the Engine, Clangers and Bagpuss.

Our version (BBC not C4's and not the French original) of the Magic Roundabout.

Yes, I like kids programs and esp cartoons and, 2D and 3D animation.

/EDIT How could I forget! Yep "Johnny Quest"

Last edited:
Watched everything already mentioned from W Bros. and the rest and have most of it, i love old school cartoons, you don't need psychobabble that they apply to todays stuff.

Just to add some to the list: Animaniacs, Hey Arnold, 2 Stupid Dogs, Pinky & the Brain, Angry Beavers Woody Woodpecker (the 60s stuff), Johnny Quest (old and new)

Just Family Guy and South park here. Used to love WB and Disney cartoons when i was a kid though, especially Duck Tales and Pinky and Brain.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me-lW4ARDJ0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuTHdzSJz4c&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwz3Hnnw5L4&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Does Futurama or The Simpsons count?

If not, then the answer is no, although I loved Tom and Jerry as a child. Dark Wing Duck was another great one, and yeah Earthworm Jim was fantastic, although I'm not sure that counts?

We're definitely not in the "golden age of cartoons" (see: Friz, Chuck Jones, Schlesinger, etc.) that we once were back in the day, but I think some cartoons are better than the ones we had back when all cartoons were pretty much great.

The vast majority of cartoons now are shit, though.

EDIT: I guess Wikipedia has a Golden Age of American animation page. I think a lot of us are going to reference cartoons in "the renaissance" that the Wiki page links to, also.

Last edited:
I still to this day love the old WB cartoons. I watched Disney movies as a kid but I was never into them or enjoyed them nearly as much as I did Bugs and the gang. Disney just never really appealed to me. As I got a little older I liked Tiny Toon Adventures, Animaniacs, and Freakazoid! Every kid cartoon made today is just garbage with two shows being the exception, Grim Adventures of Billy & Mady and Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends.

While on the subject, I saw Who Framed Rodger Rabbit for the first time in years the other day and enjoyed it just like I did when I was 5. It's that rare mix of something that both kids and adults can really enjoy. It's not surprising they've failed every time they've tried to recapture that magic with shit like Space Jam and Loony Toons Back In Action.

Part of that magic will NEVER come back simply because Mel Blanc is no longer with us. It was his voice in 90% of those cartoons and the people doing the voices today just can't cut it, it doesn't help they also have to deal with shitty writing.

I love cartoons Scooby Doo being my favorite.

I also like Johnny Bravo, The Flint Stones and The Simpsons (If that counts).

Most of the stuff today is utter crap, not only that, but some of it is just so disgusting that it seriously make me feel like getting sick.

Most of the stuff today is utter crap, not only that, but some of it is just so disgusting that it seriously make me feel like getting sick.
The generation that's about 6-14 years old now is going to be so fucked when they reach adulthood because of those two points you bring up. If you thought /b/ was bad now...

I downloaded the complete Darkwing Duck series, but I only got though half with my computer crashed. :p

I also got all 3 seasons of Beast Wars Transformers on DVD. It's even better then I remember from Junior High.

'
'

I've just gone Tom and Jerry mad again. It's impossible not to laugh at what's going on there, whatever age you may have. Some of these animated shorts will probably remain landmarks of animation comedy for ever.

This thread reminded me of this seasonal gem from 1941, Merry Christmas Vikirad and thanks for making me think of this again.

[youtube="uIBtQTTDUKU"]Tom & Jerry in The Night before Christmas[/youtube]​

Ahhh ..! :)

This thread reminded me of this seasonal gem from 1941, Merry Christmas Vikirad and thanks for making me think of this again.

*youtube*Tom & Jerry in The Night before Christmas*youtube*

Ahhh ..! :)

Merry Christmas to you as well. And yeah, that cartoon is a gem indeed; one of my personal favorites.

Simpsons, Futurama, Home Movies, King of the Hill, and several films by Miyazaki

Anything but anime. God, I still remember the days of watching Johnny Bravo, Dexter, Pinky and the Brain on our 29" CRT television set. Those were the days... :p