Anyone with In2Hosting.org? BIG PROBLEMS

U5tabil

For about 1 year ago we got a good deal from here to get a good web hoster. I have had it until this day, and my payment says i have i loonger too.

BUT the last week or 2? its just gone missing!? Cannot contact them. Their website is totaly lost/gone check www.in2hosting.org and you will see :?

Anyone know what the he** has happend? Have they been wiped away from the earths surface? :blink:

Im so confused! :blink: and i that had this big Album with around 2000 pictures on it :cry:

try searching on google. i was with a hosting site called IHpowered last year and that suddenly went down. if there was a guy called Malachi then it's the same bloke. looks like they've packed with ur cash and pissed off!

[edit]: if this is it, then it's fine

I've been using in2hosting since May or so. Over the last month (maybe a little more) started having some severe server issues where mysql and/or apache would go down for anywhere between 20 minutes and 4 hours when I uploaded new images to the gallery 2 site I installed using Plesk. During this time I attempted to create multiple tickets using their system.. unsuccessfully (they never showed up in the ticket system), and none of the emails I sent them were replied to. While the mysql or apache servers were down for me I was also unable to reach in2hosting's main site :blink:

That issue more or less went away towards the end of November, however, there were some large periods of downtime around Thanksgiving (almost every night for a week.. ranging from about 1 - 6 hours or so) where I was completely unable to access my IP.

And of course.. this last week or so the in2hosting.org domain started pointing to a 'this domain is parked for free' page on godaddy. At about the same time my primary domain stopped resolving, while my other domains hosted through the account continued to resolve, the IP was pingable, and I was able to log into ssh, ftp, and plesk. As of a day or so ago I'm completely unable to ping the IP or access the site in any way.

I'm just glad I was only paying on a month-to-month basis. I was perfectly satisfied with what I was getting until these problems started a month or two ago :(

Thankfully I've got a server almost ready to go in where I work so I can stick all my photos and sites on there instead. I feel sorry for anyone who paid for multiple months in advance, since it seems we may have little or no way to contact anyone at in2hosting right now.

try searching on google. i was with a hosting site called IHpowered last year and that suddenly went down. if there was a guy called Malachi then it's the same bloke. looks like they've packed with ur cash and pissed off!

[edit]: if this is it, then it's fine

in2hosting.org, .com, and .net are all different companies. What we're worried about is in2hosting.org

in2hosting/cubanseeder was finalgear.com's host up until recently and cubanseeder was reasonably visible on these forums during that time. I don't know if this was his company or if he just worked for them, but I don't think he's been around since finalgear switched to another host.

Since I work for a colo facility that houses several small'ish web hosts like in2hosting I'm guessing someone was unable to or simply stopped paying their bills :(

I'm in the same shit. I paid uptil Sept 2007 for basic hosting with in2hosting.org

I got an email a while ago:

from customerservice@in2hosting.org <customerservice@in2hosting.org>
to webserver1customer@in2hosting.org
date Nov 30, 2006 8:17 AM
subject Past server stability/performance issues.
mailed-by in2hosting.org

Dear Customer,

In the past months, we have experienced technical difficulties with the server
that hosts your domains. We want to let you know that these issues have now
been corrected by our technicians.

We would like to offer our apologies, and as a THANK YOU for your understanding,
we have upgraded your hosting account. Please visit your control panel and you
will notice the upgrade reflected in both, your Hard Drive and Bandwidth
limits.

Should you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please contact our
Customer Service department via email at customerservice@in2hosting.org or
through our Support Center at http://support.in2hosting.org

Thank you again for your business.

Dennys Perez
In2Hosting, Inc - Founder

After that day, the support wouldn't reply, nor would cubanseeder, trying various ways to get in contact with him. I've actually suffered financially and have luckily had another hositng account ready to move to for some time.

It's ridiculous and inexcusable what has happenned, the least they could do is let us know of issues and we could copy our files/data off their servers.

Cubanseeder owned in2hosting.org afaik

Hey all. I'm a mod here but haven't posted in a long time; however, I've been effected by this In2Hosting situation and am at whits end.

I've basically had the same experience. I had no warning of any downtime, but out of nowhere my website has become inaccessible. I had just recently paid for the month of December and renewed my domain, and found a few days later that my website was gone. I tried contacting support@in2hosting.org to just have the e-mails bounce back. I PM'ed Cuban Seeder with no response (I may be wrong, but I think he may have even removed his account from this forum). I found another e-mail address for Cuban Seeder - dperez@wi.rr.com - and e-mails to that address have just bounced back. I found a phone number on my Pay Pal stubs - 877-744-3256 - and have phoned it multiple times, but it is always busy.

I have been put in an absolutely horrible position. I am dead broke - nearly the last 20 dollars I had went to paying for my December hosting and renewing my domain. I have a lot of resumes out (I'm desperately trying to get a job because I'm dead broke) and all of them use my website as a portfolio of my art and design work. My website is now gone, so all of those resumes are pretty much useless. I know that I have actually lost one job offer so far as a direct result of this unexplained downtime. To say I'm emotionally distraught is an extreme understatement. It's pretty horrible to think that some internet issue could effect me this much, but this situation has ruined the last week for me and is seriously messing with my mental health.

If anyone can think of any way that I could get my files off of their servers (if they even still exist), get in contact with anyone at In2Hosting, or somehow get back my domain, I would love to hear.

Zenon, sorry to hear about your troubles bro.....hope it gets resolved ASAP.

Man, I was tempted to go with one of their deals awhile back too....

On a side note:

As a web designer, I have access to a ton of servers hosted by various companies and I'm really very happy with Bluehost and Lunarpages

If you check the independent web host reviews, they are very highly spoken of. I'd hesitate to go with a hosting company that wasn't widely trusted. And the only thing I would use Godaddy for is domains (their hosting sucks), but 1and1.com is good for domains as well.

Last edited:
Yeah, this whole situation is horrible. Basically though, I'm not moving past this without a complete resolution or legal action. This is entirely unacceptable and in no way am I going to be satisfied without complete resolution.

Yeah, I wouldn't either, especially since your whole business revolves around your site.

Well i payed 20$ too and got 8$ drawn this time so they only owe me 12$ + something for all the downtime.

But i was so happy about the site everything was realy good about it. The uptime was great the speed was great, the plesk system was great and so on.

They even called me from USA to Norway to tell me that they had changed my account since i asked for 5gb space and 15gb traffic instead of 10gb/10gb.

So everything has been realy good untill this last months. and it all looks like a well planed downtime since everything is totaly gone!

And now reading that this is going in on peoples life just makes me sick of them!

Its not affecting me that much more than the 20 000 people that follows my project on my car and all the new people cannot see the 400 pictures iv taken so far.

So if anyone have any information about what the hell is going on please use this post to update for more info.

Mvh
Vegard Kolbeinsen

Okay, I've been doing a bit more sleuth work. We all know that Cubanseeder is involved with In2Hosting (he either runs it or works for them). Looking at his profile on this forum, you can see that he logged in recently:

Last Activity: Yesterday 07:10 PM
(That is PST)

Link to his profile: http://forums.finalgear.com/member.php?u=2241.

So while In2Hosting has disappeared, Cubanseeder definitely has not. However, if you look at the member list of the forum - http://forums.finalgear.com/memberlist.php?do=getall&page=15&order=asc&sort=username&ltr=C - there is no user listed as Cubanseeder. Has he removed his account?

I'm really hoping this is all just some technical problem or unplanned down time that they weren't able to warn their customers about, but yeah, things aren't looking too good. :(

Edit: Also, being a mod, I have access to the IPs Cubanseeder has posted under. I have the IP of the last address he posted under, so atleast I'm getting a bit more of a trail on this all.

Last edited:
I guarantee you there's a lot of customers (ie. 100% of them) who would like to complain about this, get their files back, and their money refunded. If something doesn't happen soon then this is ripe for some action in court :(

Been working with TechZ on this for a while now.

I managed to catch him on MSN once and IM him, but he signed off shortly after with no response (he signs on and off a lot, so I doubt he was avoiding me).

I had just recently paid for the month of December and renewed my domain, and found a few days later that my website was gone.

I have a lot of resumes out (I'm desperately trying to get a job because I'm dead broke) and all of them use my website as a portfolio of my art and design work. My website is now gone, so all of those resumes are pretty much useless.
Did you get your domain through them or do you have control over it? If you have control over it (ex: I got my domains through GoDaddy), get some temporary hosting (perhaps Quiky will let you squeeze in somewhere on one of his servers for free or at least for a couple bucks?), point your domain at it, and put up a temporary page.

If anyone can think of any way that I could get my files off of their servers (if they even still exist),

A very good reason to make a backup once a month or so of your site. ;)

So while In2Hosting has disappeared, Cubanseeder definitely has not. However, if you look at the member list of the forum - http://forums.finalgear.com/memberlist.php?do=getall&page=15&order=asc&sort=username&ltr=C - there is no user listed as Cubanseeder. Has he removed his account?

At some point he had changed the e-mail address in his profile here which deactivated his account. I have the member list set to only list the "Registered Users" group. I just manually reactivated his account by moving him back into that group. He should show up now.

yup, he's there. he was on yesterday too, at 3.10AM

Did you get your domain through them or do you have control over it? If you have control over it (ex: I got my domains through GoDaddy), get some temporary hosting (perhaps Quiky will let you squeeze in somewhere on one of his servers for free or at least for a couple bucks?), point your domain at it, and put up a temporary page.

My domain was registered by In2Hosting. So am I screwed out of luck? I don't have any experience with any domain crap (the reason why I got In2 to do it :?) so I'm a bit confused as what I can do to retain www.jonathansloan.net (my domain).

A very good reason to make a backup once a month or so of your site. ;)
Everything on my site is backed up (thank God) other than the database to a phpBB forum that was heavily used by my friends and I (I have a backup from about a week or two ago though, so that's not a huge deal), but I have no backup for the hundreds of images myself and (mostly) my friends had updated to the install of Gallery2 I had running on the space. :(

So yeah, anything that directly effects my business is backed up. Everything else is screwed though. :mad:

At some point he had changed the e-mail address in his profile here which deactivated his account. I have the member list set to only list the "Registered Users" group. I just manually reactivated his account by moving him back into that group. He should show up now.
There are some more sleuths from this forum on the case, and they've tracked down physical addresses and the like for Dennys Perez. I'm not really sure what can be done legally, but we're sure getting a better trail on the bastard. It may be worthwhile to contact the Better Business Bureau of Milwaukee to see what can be done.

Edit:

Domain Name: JONATHANSLOAN.NET
Registrar: THE PLANET INTERNET SERVICES, INC.
Whois Server: whois.theplanet.com
Referral URL: http://www.theplanet.com
Name Server: NS1.IN2HOSTING.ORG
Name Server: NS2.IN2HOSTING.ORG
Updated Date: 28-nov-2006
Creation Date: 23-dec-2005
Expiration Date: 23-dec-2007

That is the info I can find on the registration of my domain. I went to The Planet and tried to log in using my domain, but with no success. Anyone have any other ideas?

Edit 2: I've e-mailed The Planet inquiring about my domain. So I'll get back to all of you who have kindly offered me hosting space as soon as I hear back from The Planet with my options.

Last edited:
I really hope this gets sorted for you Zenon :)

This is the response I got from The Planet:

abuse@ev1servers.net said:
Dear Sir,

Please disregard our previous response. Unfortunately, because you are doing business with the aforementioned business you will need to contact them. We are unable to help clients of our customers. Please continue to work with your provider.

I replied stating that there is no possible way of contacting the "aforementioned business" because their e-mail addresses and phone lines have been disconnected or disabled. I'm still waiting on a response to that.

Legally, Registrars can only deal with the person who registered the domain.