Apple Announces iPhone 2.0

Well...I went to the apple store, the guy looked at it...10 seconds later he went into the back and got a replacement phone.

I tried to make a backup before going in, but it didn't come up. I read on the apple website that when you go to do a restore, it asks to make a backup first. So I did that, but it never asked...so I lost all my contacts. I have them on another phone, so I'll be busy punching them in now...

The apps are already on my macbook, no issue there. And I didn't really have anything else on it.

I have two blue pixels on my iPod. Figured it was like LCDs where you needed like 8 for them to take it back.

Dead/stuck pixels are common with LCDs. I lucked out with my monitor.

Yeah, I read on the net that there is no policy on the iphones....the guy didn't even think twice about replacing it, with just one dead pixel. Unfortunately, the dead pixel on the replacement phone is in a worse position....so I'm taking it back today.

They replaced the phone again.

I bought from Apple online a skin from marware (in both black and white)...they are 20 bucks each, and fantastic. The feel is great and it fits perfectly...the white on black iphone looks cool too (personal opinion of course).

I also got an incase shell (plum) for my macbook, which looks amazing.

I downloaded an app called "Air Sharing" which is currently free (apparently it will eventually go up to like $7 I think). Anyway, it allows you to wirelessly transfer files between your iphone and computers, it's pretty neat. I think you have to be on wi-fi though.

Well...I think it's neat.

Apple released the new firmware today. Thoughts?

Thinking about getting a touch when they up the capacity again to 64GB in a few months. Any feedback? Should I do it? Shouldn't I do it?

The v2 is making me envious, both with price (I "paid" $400 for mine I think) and new features (speakers, etc.). :(

^Yeah, I guess the buttons and speaker are cool all but I'm completely content with my v1. When I first got it I didn't think I'd use it all that often but now, well, I'm using it everyday (when there's a wifi I can use of course) and I love the gaming apps, they're great fun.

It's also proven to me that if I ever get an iPhone, yes, I really would use everything on it, rather than just having it for the sake of having it.

Firecat, thanks for the tip on Air Sharing, had a play around, I can see it coming in handy...