Apple Announces iPhone 2.0

I think telstra officially rape people the most on the iphone, $5 on top of your plan buys you 5mb and additional mb charged at $1....

http://www.telstra.com.au/nextgnetwork/ipricing.htm

My mate was out and about this morning and said nobody was at the voda or telstra stores, everyone was at optus.

You have never used optu$ then?

They were all at the City T-Life store. There were signs at every phone store in the Melbourne CDB, iPhone sold out.

I drove by an ATT store this morning and there were 40-50 people in line waiting to get an Iphone an hour before opening.

I drove by an ATT store this morning and there were 40-50 people in line waiting to get an Iphone an hour before opening.

Went to my local ATT store one hour before opening, also 50 people in front. Arrived at 7AM, left at 1PM. But my transaction took a little longer than it should have..I'd say I got into the door after 12PM. They said I was good to go, but I can't get the iPhone to work...think it needs to sync up with iTunes...but they are having issues. So...

The phone isn't mine...I ordered one, which should come in either 48 hours or 7 days.

Hey guys, I need some help ASAP. A friend of mine, well his girlfriend likes my iPhone a lot. So he wants to get one for her.
He's not from the States but he has a friend there on vacation who is willing to buy one for him. He (my friend) just wants to
know what to expect on a jailbroken iPhone 3G. Which funtions are going to be limite. Stuff like:

- Will App Store work?
- Is it even possible to jailbreak/unlock a 3G iPhone at the moment? [does the 3G one run 2.0 and up only?]
- Is it possible to buy one without a contract, anyway? [i read that it is on the previous page, just want to be sure]

And stuff like that. I would GREATLY appreciate if anyone can help. Thanks in advance!

You can buy a simlock free iPhone in Belgium for 525? or go Switzerland and buy a simlocked one with a prepaid card for 519 CHF which is around 320?. You should really be looking closer to home and on google. ;)

Went to my local ATT store one hour before opening, also 50 people in front. Arrived at 7AM, left at 1PM. But my transaction took a little longer than it should have..I'd say I got into the door after 12PM. They said I was good to go, but I can't get the iPhone to work...think it needs to sync up with iTunes...but they are having issues. So...

The phone isn't mine...I ordered one, which should come in either 48 hours or 7 days.

Yeah, I had to work otherwise I would have gotten one. I'm just gonna wait and see if I can't get it at the Apple Store on one of my odd days off.

I saw this app called loopt, which shows the location of your friends on google maps. Are there other apps out there like that? And do you have to manually post your location, or does it track you (and friends) automatically?

Installed 2.0 on my iPod. It's f'ing awesome. Once the Last.fm app gets released and assuming it scrobbles (submits) automatically, I'll be happy. Although I am missing colloQ... *goes to search for a legit IRC app*

And things like hitting "show weather for current location" in WeatherBug and it being able to know where you are and show you weather, radar, and cameras is f'ing awesome!

I saw this app called loopt, which shows the location of your friends on google maps. Are there other apps out there like that? And do you have to manually post your location, or does it track you (and friends) automatically?

I've only been browsing through the AppStore, but I've seen a couple programs like that where you hit share and you can see friends.

Fuck, no IRC app yet. Hopefully it'll show up soon since they're now letting a huge batch of developers in.

I've got an iPhone 16GB 3G and they are ok but yeah I prefer my zonda!

Erm, what?

upgraded my iphone to 2.0 and missing the apps allready, but on the other hand i can finaly use it at university wifi because it now got the cisco vpn

first post from a 3g iPhone that I know of anyways

Now 48 hours after the launch of the 3G iPhone user feedback is streaming in, and complaints are mounting. Some seem trivial, such as the yellow cast on the 3G iPhone screen (apparently intentional), but some appear devastating, such as the extremely poor battery life from the phone, especially when using Exchange Activesync and 3G simultaneously. Many users are reporting the phone not lasting even till the early afternoon off the charger. The advice appear to be to disable the 3G access, which negates the defining feature of the new iPhone 3G.

Further complaints center on the lack of turn by turn navigation, despite having GPS on board, new lag in the interface, especially when scrolling, poor 3G coverage despite AT&T claiming the opposite, and no improvement in Youtube video quality over 3G, despite the higher bandwidth. Some issues seem to caused by a direct money grab by Apple - the new iPhone does not come with a dock, and does not fit the old iPhone dock. Also the iPhone 3G does not charge from many 1st and 3rd party universal docks and chargers which happily charged the iPhone 2G, meaning these accessories would need to be replaced at significant cost (and profit to Apple of course).

Of all the complaints, it seems the poor battery life will be the one most troubling, exacerbated as it is by the lack of a easily removable battery. One would have to see whether the long queues to buy the iPhone 3G will be replaced by similarly long queues to return it before the 30 day grace period is up.

lol at the charger thing.... now I need to consider a new touch screen phone...

Oh, that's right -- I haven't checked the new forum theme in Mobile Safari. I assume it's much better than the shit one we had before. It rendered all weird. :?

This one validates as XHTML minus the image resizing code.

Font sizes are a bit wonky, but that seems to be normal for Safari, or at least the mobile version that is.

(Posted from my iPod.)

I haven't really had any problem at all with the browser displaying pages... yet.