Are Lexus IS-F drivers really dorks?

What's the difference between a dork and a geek?

A geek goes to the San Diego Comic-Con to argue with artists.
A dork goes to the San Diego Comic-Con to try and hook up.

Therefore:

A geek buys a crossover because it's got lots of cargo space for things he wants to do.
A dork buys a Mustang because he thinks it'll get girls to notice him.

What about dweebs?

And you, sir, are rude for posting such a reply. Nothing in the thread or posted by the OP since suggest this is anything other than a genuine question and even it it weren't why are you getting your panties in such a wad about it?

Suggest you lay off the coffee for a while.

This actually made me chuckle.
I just honestly can't believe that someone would choose a car based on Top Gear's opinion about the stereotypical owner of said car, instead of performance, looks, reliability, etc.
Anyways, thanks for signing the neg-rep (no irony here).

I just honestly can't believe that someone would choose a car based on Top Gear's opinion about the stereotypical owner of said car, instead of performance, looks, reliability, etc.

Apologies for missing your irony. And I think the OP should buy whatever he wants and screw what anyone else thinks.

If you like it, buy it. (And you can give the two-fingered salute to the arses in swollen-wheel-arches Mercedes Black- drivers whilst you're at it. ;))

What's the difference between a dork and a geek?

A geek goes to the San Diego Comic-Con to argue with artists.
A dork goes to the San Diego Comic-Con to try and hook up.

Therefore:

A geek buys a crossover because it's got lots of cargo space for things he wants to do.
A dork buys a Mustang because he thinks it'll get girls to notice him.

I don't think so. What you're describing as a geek is actually a nerd (nerds know everything and want people to know it). Dorks are far too conservative for pre-marital sex and driving fast, rather they buy something which COULD go very fast but they don't use it. Geeks do what they want with no regard to how things are actually done and then try to explain what they've done using logic (which does not work because they're not a nerd and haven't done the sensible thing in the first place). Geeks always try to find the new or different way of doing things, even if it's less practical to do so. Geeks are generally philosophical but don't spare much brainpower for if/then and 2+2=1 logic.

A geek is what a nerd isn't. Dogbert's avatar (Adam Savage) is the ultimate geek.

(which does not work because they're not a nerd and haven't done the sensible thing in the first place)
Pish posh! You're just not convincing enough and/or aren't shouting loud enough!

Also, a geek buys a wagon, not a crossover. When have you ever needed more space than what a nice wagon can provide, and needed to fit more than five people into a vehicle? :p

There is one person, a very prominent person here on Final Gear, that has posted yet...

If you have the money and really like that car and there's no other car that money can buy or you want, buy the IS-F. Not many people these days are capable to buy a brand new shiny car.

look i have is-f it's really nice car. i really wanted the m3 i really love it. but i was about to get married at the time and at that time m3 was only a 2 doors car. i really like the m3 more but you will buy at more then the is-f. i have it's really a nice car. if you wanna know more about it from someone who own it send me i'll tell you all about the good and the bad

Last edited:
Why anyone would buy a ricecooker rather than a car from Germany or the UK I shall never understand.

I'm surprised that this haven't even been discussed!! :lol:

Am I the first to attempt to base my car buying using Top Gear's opinions?

It's a good thing I wasn't looking for a German estate or I'd be buying two French men. :mrgreen: