Are there any 56k-ers around?

Are there any 56k-ers around?

• Total voters

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
In regard to all the lots of picture threads with the 56k warning, does anyone seriously still have a 56k modem (or a 64k isdn modem) to browse the net (i'm not talking about having it stored in the closet for sentimental reasons)?

o_O

Last edited:
4 MBPS Shitcast...erm comcast cable here.

I have 256kb/s :cry: I am going to improve to at least 6mb/s soon.

It's enough to browse, but downloading takes ages.

56k warnig is good chance to be funny, there is no other function, I think.

I've got around 10mbps, but I get capped to 64kb/s (or something close to that) when I go over 30gb's of download on-peak.

But even when that does happen, I just disable pictures on the forums.

We have 'up to 8mbps'. But get 5.4 or so.

Last edited:
I got a 16 Mbit ADSL and do get 1.7 MB a sec max, which equals 13.2 Mbit and is pretty good for this kind of lines.

I have 256kb/s :cry: I am going to improve to at least 6mb/s soon.

It's enough to browse, but downloading takes ages.

56k warnig is good chance to be funny, there is no other function, I think.

Plus it does at least tell the reader the thread will contain large images, which can be slow if your trashing you connection downloading Top Gear ;)

I think ESPNSTI still runs 56k. myself I run between 10-12 megs.

Having little problems with my internet provider for the moment, my connection vary from 208kbps and 70kbps from times to times since 3 FUCKING months, when all is ok I have 20mbps... :'(

Surfing the web at 70kbps is a real pain in the arse, it was fine back then when web pages were as sophisticated as a leafspring but now, it's fucking impossible...

hhaahaha, none so far. but i like the little "56k go X" thing attatched to the titles. also it serves as a warning for lotsa pics

Sometimes, my connection throttles so it's kind of like 56k?
But slower.
Like, 14.4k.

I have 8MB down, 768kbs up

My little brother who's still in high school and lives at home with the parents is stuck on dial-up though because my mom won't pay any more for the internet bill......and he's too lazy to get a job.

He'd give his left nut for even 128kbs down/up :lol: He plays Diablo 2 and Maple Story all the time because not too many games work so well on dial-up.

rubbish virgin 2mb down... no idea up

might as well be 56k for all the good it is.

Am I the only one with even near to 1:1 connection? o_O (10/10 here)

4/2Mb/s down/up

but its not the best provider...thinking about switching

1.5mbit. Sure feels like 56k, especially if I'm doing more than just surfing the web.

256k here. Dreaming about 6 and 10 mbit connection.