Army base destruction

Jafo

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/06/04/i-top-gear-i-preview-clarkson-and-company-destroy-mitsubishi/

The automotive enthusiast world is waiting with bated breath to see what the chaps at Top Gear have up their clever sleeves for season 13. So far, we know that TG will be cutting back on the fancy a bit, as the wildly popular British car show has been handed a substantial budget cut.

One thing that doesn't cost much at all is creativity, and team Top Gear has free thought in spades. Photos captured during shooting show that Jeremy Clarkson is up to his old tricks, as he takes a perfectly good Mitsubishi Evo and manages to get it torn to shreds in front of the cameras ? reportedly with the aid of the British Army. Perhaps the TG gang wanted to go back to the well after the smash hit that was the Ford Fiesta invasion with the Royal Marines. In the end, though, the Fiesta came out no worse for wear, while we can already see that someone or something tried the hard way to convert the turbocharged Mitsubishi into a drop-top. Click on the gallery below for more shots of Clarkson and the hapless Evo.

4567_111944735475_726600475_3120763_4033281_n.jpg

I found this picture rather amusing.:D

"That's OK, we make one every 23 seconds!". Or was that a different Japanese manufacturer ...?

Shouldn't this be in the spoilers section? Seriously.

That actually looks like an Evo 9 MR FQ-400 with its "Sonic The Hedgehog" spikes on the roof and the diffuser at the back.

Why? :(

Last edited:
as he takes a perfectly good Mitsubishi Evo and manages to get it torn to shreds in front of the cameras ? while we can already see that someone or something tried the hard way to convert the turbocharged Mitsubishi into a drop-top.

:dance:

Hang on, has this thread been moved or was I being incredibly thick? destroying Evos sounds like fun despite the fact that they are good cars.

U're not the only 1. I'd have preferred if it was the new Subaru but an Evo (VIII for that matter) would be fun to tear to pieces.

Can an Evo outrun the British Army?

That "it's Ok we make one every 20 secs" quip is from a Korean or other Pacific Rim manufacturer not Japanese.

But how did they do that? It's not like it rolled over or got shot. I smell a Chinook and lifting cables hooks.

Found more facts:
- It's a Evo 7 not 8.
- It may does have something to do with this.
- Here is the source.
- They were given the car by Bristol police on the grounds they destroy it (it had been sitting impounded for ages).
- It was one of 2 (TWO) Evos there, just this got the chop.

Last edited:
Ah, that got me a little worried to begin with, but seems fine being that it was going to be destroyed anyway and was given to them just for that purpose. Phew...

Found more facts:
lol, I like how he's like "WTF ALL I GOT WERE THESE SHITTY TICKETS FOR MY HARD DAY'S WORK" and before the first page even ended people were like "well if you don't want them, I'll take them".

And ?400 for a day's work (?50/hour), and he posts on the internet like he's fucking 17 years old? Give me a break, kid, you're not fooling anybody.

Last edited:
I am generally amazed at how that man can write down whole pages of text without using a single punctuation mark.

Thankfully it was a pimped 7, not the 9 like I feared. The 9's my favorite, I would have had to skip that ep.

Last edited:
Those statements aren't mutually exclusive :p

Oi!

+1 (thought I'd mention it because I hit return before i'd finished the comment. :D)

I am generally amazed at how that man can write down whole pages of text without using a single punctuation mark.

He's got an Evo - I'm surprised he can write. :p

*runs away really fast*

Reactions: MWF
Am I the only person who came into this thread thinking Topgear would be blowing up a whole army base or something?

But still, I've always preferred Subarus too (as with Jay)

I'm looking forward to seeing the attempts at explaining this.....It doesn't look like its been rolled as the front looks to clean.

(also I'm back if anyone missed me....or noticed I was gone!)